Have we lost our club pride?

Discussions about beer, life, that sort of thing

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

Brewboy

Have we lost our club pride?

Post by Brewboy »

Guys, In case you havn't noticed, I'm prowd to represent NTHBA. I wear the shirts, I carry the cards, I support what life allows me to do to support. When I see things like the rather slim turnout at Sunday's bluebonnet judging and a newsletter that looks like the one we just got. I wonder if we've lost our drive as a club. I know that I lost some competitive drive but not my supportive drive.

So here it is, I'm calling you out!

Officers, your voluntary accepted position has responsibility, you should have known this when you accepted your role. Believe me, I know how hard it can be to meet a deadline, I know that a busy life can put the club on a back shelf at times. Still you have responsibility that must be taken care of so ask for help if you need it. Let me know if you need assistance on any of the responsibilities you have that you can't take care of yourself. I will do what I can to help you.

Everyone else: Please support our club functions, this year we're responsable for the Bluebonnet, we desperately need to complete the 1st round judging this comming weekend. Let's make that happen! To do this, we need your support. Let's make a good club showing both Saturday and Sunday this week. Lets get-er done!

Just a reminder of where we've been and where we are now:
NTHBA Newsletter March10.pdf
NTHBA newsletter March 11.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Brewboy on Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scott Townson
May judges be smitten with our brews and long for our nectars throughout eternity!!
Brewboy

Re: Have we lost our club pride?

Post by Brewboy »

I want to add that his is in no way direced at those who are fulfiling their duties, and already supporting. You know who your are and I applaud your generous support of this club.
Scott Townson
May judges be smitten with our brews and long for our nectars throughout eternity!!
Bill Lawrence

Post by Bill Lawrence »

Et tu, Brute?
Remember, brewers make wort, only yeast make beer
BigWally

Post by BigWally »

I have to say I was a bit surprised by the last newsletter.

The newsletter has evolved with the club over the years. I joined the club in the days before most people had heard of the internet and the newsletter was our primary means of communicating with members. Certainly, a few copies lying around at the homebrew shops was a good way to generate interest in the club. Maybe we are at a point where the newsletter content is only available on the club website, but we still should have input from all of the officers, maybe even a few guest spots. I don't want to pile on here because I know how hard it was to come up with something to say each month, but a good newsletter adds value to the membership.
Maybe the purpose of your life is to serve as a warning to others.
BigWally

Post by BigWally »

Excellent newsletter this month! Good job gentlemen.
Maybe the purpose of your life is to serve as a warning to others.
BrotherhoodBrew

Post by BrotherhoodBrew »

I also agree about this months newsletter. Lets keep it up. It means a lot to the club members.
Damon Lewis
Cedar Creek Brewery
http://www.facebook.com/CedarCreekBrewery
Brewboy

Post by Brewboy »

Agreed, Well done all!
Scott Townson