NHC Regional: Shipping to Non-Dallas Site

Questions and discussions about competitions

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

donniestyle

NHC Regional: Shipping to Non-Dallas Site

Post by donniestyle »

SO, I guess nobody cares about judges not being able to judge because they entered the category in our region. If our local judges send their entries to our region, we may not be able to get the judging done the first weekend.
Is your beer intimate, hand crafted, and artisanally made?
Jimmy Orkin

Re: NHC Regional: Shipping to Non-Dallas Site

Post by Jimmy Orkin »

Don has a valid point. We can discuss with our officers to see if the club is interested in paying for or subsidizing the cost of shipping to a non-Dallas site.

If you are interested in shipping to a remote site, please post to this topic so we can get a count of those interested.
Jimmy Orkin
NTHBA Competitions Coordinator 2022
NTHBA Data Guy 2022
Bill Lawrence

Post by Bill Lawrence »

Well the issue is not about money since the club has plenty. You might want to think about the whole thing though because if you ship our beers to another region, you loose the "home court advantage". It is not that our beer would get judged differently since the judging is blind but if you ship beer there is a certain "degredation" that occurs because of rough handling. I am convinced that is what happens for instance when we send beer to Houston. If you look into it, you may find that you really don't loose that much in the way of eligable judges since there are so may catagories. By the way, my opinion is impartial since I don't plan on entering anyhow since I fully intend to drink all my potential entries. :D
Remember, brewers make wort, only yeast make beer
Jimmy Orkin

Post by Jimmy Orkin »

I appreciate Bill's point also (not the one at the top of his head).

Damon, Orlando, Scott and others have had success sending entries to Colorado.

Food for thought.
Jimmy Orkin
NTHBA Competitions Coordinator 2022
NTHBA Data Guy 2022