Summer Competitions are Right around the Corner!!

All archived info for past competitions and related posts.

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

Guerra

Summer Competitions are Right around the Corner!!

Post by Guerra »

We just started summer and the next three Lone Star Circuit Competitions are right around the corner:

Lunar Rendezbrew XV, July 12th (Entries due in Houston) http://www.mashtronauts.com/lrxv/lrxv.html
Alamo City Cerveza Fest, July 12th -26th (HBHQ Drop off Location) http://www.sabeergroup.org/
Limbo Challenge, July 17th ? Aug 1st (HBHQ Drop off Location)

The Lunar Rendezbrew XV is open to all 2008 BJCP categories for beers, meads, and ciders, plus three additional categories for kit wines, fruit wines, and liqueurs.

The Alamo City Cerveza Fest will be judging all BJCP beer, mead, and cider styles using
the 2008 BJCP style guidelines, as well as a special category 29, Ancho Pepper Beer.

The Limbo Challenge is open to styles of beer traditionally considered "session beers" and generally having an original gravity of 1.050 or less.

<b>Can you guys read a calendar? These competitions are only 5-8 weeks away. </b> Better get started on something. If you don?t have a special beer(s) already put aside for the events, now is the perfect time to brew those ?fresh ales?.

As always if you have any questions about a competition please contact me or any officer. Keep a look out on the NTHBA discussion board for the latest info.

So get to brewing,
Orlando
Captain Kangabrew

Post by Captain Kangabrew »

I have a couple beers fermenting for the Lunar Rendez-Brew. Is the club planning a packing party for this event or the Alamo City Cervesa Festival?
sirjohn

Post by sirjohn »

Is the Alamo City Cervesa Festival happening this year? I don't think it is...
Guerra

Post by Guerra »

Yes we will have a packing party for the Lunar. However we be implementing <b><u>new packing party rules</u></b>.

As always the club will provide shipping and packing materials for those who attend.

However we will no longer be packing entries for those not in attendance. So, no more dropping off loose entries ahead of time and expect others to "pack" for you. You, or your representative must participate in the actual packing party. <b>NO MORE FREE RIDES</b>!!

If you can not participate or find a representative to assist you, <b>the club will still ship your entries</b>; however the entries must be dropped off, prior to the party date, <b>?fully packed?</b> and ready for a shipping label. No other effort should be required to prepare the item for shipping.

For now let?s plan to have a Lunar Packing party Sunday 7/6 or Monday 7/7 (Pending NTHBA and HBHQ approval). Because of the July 4th holiday we may need to revise the date.

Also, we can always use more boxes. The best seem to be the 750ml divided wine bottle boxes. So if you can pick up a few ahead of time and bring them to the packing party that would be great. Most Beer stores will give you empty wine boxes.

Another important item for the packing party is beer. Bring your beer, we always have a mini-social and sample each other?s entries. Beer makes the packing fun.

Orlando
Guerra

Post by Guerra »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by sirjohn</i>
<br />Is the Alamo City Cervesa Festival happening this year? I don't think it is...<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Yes it is. See: http://www.sabeergroup.org/ The web page has all the latest info.

Orlando