Gordon Biersch is coming to Plano

A place to post info about local beer related events and to organize meet-ups for these events. IE - Addison Oktoberfest or a new beer bar.

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

BigWally

Gordon Biersch is coming to Plano

Post by BigWally »

I just saw in the weekend guide from the Dallas Morning News that Gordon Biersch is opening a brewpub in Plano at the Shops at Legacy. The GB website does not have a specific opening date other than May, but the DMN says May 17th is the opening date.
BigWally

Post by BigWally »

Here's their address for when they open.

7401 Lone Star Drive, Suite B120
Plano, TX 75024
BigWally

Post by BigWally »

Correction to the opening date, it is May 19th not the 17th as I posted earlier.
BrotherhoodBrew

Post by BrotherhoodBrew »

That is pretty sweet news. It is strange that they don't have anything on the website about it though.
BigWally

Post by BigWally »

From the Gordon Biersch web site:

http://www.gordonbiersch.com/restaurant ... tion_id=43

Not much information, other than a general May opening and the address.
Mike Grover

Post by Mike Grover »

Leigh and I met some friends at Gordon Biersch last night and bumped into a sizeable NTHBA contingent. I tried the schwarzbier and hefeweizen and both were very good. They also have a Czech pilsner, Marzen, and light lager on tap full time. Starting later in the summer they will also do seasonals. If you are trying to find this place, it takes a little searching because they are still constructing parts of the shopping center around it. It is on the NE corner of Legacy & Dallas Parkway. If you are coming north up the tollway, take the Legacy exit and go N through the intersection across Legacy. Turn right just past Legacy and park in the parking garage. GB is just on the east side of the parking garage.