Bluebonnet Style Numbers?

All archived info for past competitions and related posts.

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

Grumps

Bluebonnet Style Numbers?

Post by Grumps »

Has anyone else printed off their labels for the Bluebonnet? Am I wrong or are they using the 1999 BJCP Style numbers? I am sooooo confused, but then that's a rather normal state for me. I know, I know. RDWHAHB :-)
Guerra

Post by Guerra »

Leroy,

Per the Bluebonnet web site:

"This year, the Bluebonnet Brew-off will be judging all BJCP beer, mead, and cider styles using the 2004 BJCP style guidelines. <u>However, some BJCP categories have been split.</u> This allows us to award medals in more than the standard 28 BJCP categories."

Since some of the categories were split, that throws the style numbering off. For Example according to the 2004 BJCP, Kolsch is a Cat. 6d Light Hybrid Beer. But the Bluebonnet has decided to put Kolsch in its own cat. 7.

Often this is done because the number of entries per sub category warrants a separate category.

Don't worry; just follow the ?2008 Bluebonnet Brew-Off Style Categories? numbering scheme listed on the site.

Orlando
Grumps

Post by Grumps »

OK, another newbie question. I printed off labels for six entries. However, one of the brews has developed an off flavor and I would like to enter a different one. Is it ok to create a new entry for a different brew and not use one that I already created?

Also, for reasons I chose not to disclose I would like to rename one of my other brew entries?

That would mean that I had created two label entries for which there will be no beers. Does that cause big problems for checkin?
Mike Grover

Post by Mike Grover »

Grumps -

I believe that is o.k., provided that:

1) With your registration you pay for the correct number of entries;
2) You log in your replacement entry on the website.

Just don't turn in the entry that you are dropping. It isn't "officially" entered in the competition until it is logged in on March 1st.