NTHBA club only competitions for AHA

Discussions about beer, life, that sort of thing

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

Techsan

NTHBA club only competitions for AHA

Post by Techsan »

I see when the entires are due to the AHA, when are they due to the club and when are they judged? I just want to make sure I'm ahead of the game this year.

JC
Guerra

Post by Guerra »

JC,

My name is Orlando Guerra, I will be the NTHBA Competition Coordinator for 2008. I am looking forward to a great year. I hope you are excited as much as I am.

For up to date information on all competitions see the <i>?Competitions?</i> section of the discussion board.

Selecting a club member to represent us in the AHA Club-Only Competition (COC) and determine the 2008 Brewer Royale (?08BR) will take some planning, but like preparing for any competition, once you know when the entries are due, we will just work backwards to set a timetable.

For upcoming COC/?08BRs I want to try a four week schedule, working backwards from the AHA COC entry due date:

<b>4-Weeks Prior to Contest:</b> Call for entries.
<b>3-Weeks Prior to Contest:</b> Collect Entries and Judge
<b>2-Weeks Prior to Contest:</b> Announce winner. Winner will have about 2-weeks to prepare, pack and ship entry to AHA COC (NTHBA to pay entry fee).

Like with all competitions, an important key, and one of the biggest challenges, will be coordination of the judging. I will try to schedule the COC/?08BR judging during a NTHBA event like the Officer?s Meetings, the General Meeting or during the Brewday. If you are anyone else is interested judging please let me know. We will need all the help we can get.

The Jan/Feb competition is ?Dark Lagers?. Entries will be accepted at "The Home Brew HQ" through Sunday January 13th. Late entries will be accepted at the club meeting at The Londoner in Addison, Tuesday January 15th. Judging most likely will be held at the brewday Saturday January 19th.

The next COC will be March/April the Perfect Porter Challenge, and if my ?schedule? remains intact we will be calling for entries near the end of February.

BTW, JC had not seen you post up for the Bluebonnet Competition. I hope you are saving some of your best homebrew for it. <i><b>You have 57 days to get your entries ready.</b></i>

Orlando