Jan Club Only Comp due date?

All archived info for past competitions and related posts.

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

Grumps

Jan Club Only Comp due date?

Post by Grumps »

What is the due date for the Jan. club only competition? I am assuming we drop off at Homebrew HQ, correct?
sirjohn

Post by sirjohn »

Hello Grumps,

I assume this will be the 2nd or 3rd week in Jan 08 if they are keeping the same schedule. AHA entry due date is 02/09/2008.

The New Competition Coordinator will have this out soon. I believe they will still be using HQ as the drop off but don't know for sure yet. Hope this helps,

John
Guerra

Post by Guerra »

All,

My name is Orlando Guerra I will be the NTHBA Competition Coordinator for 2008.

The Jan/Feb competition is coming up soon and the style is ?Dark Lagers?. The Dark Lager subcategories include: 4A. Dark American Lager, 4B. Munich Dunkel, and 4C. Schwarzbier (Black Beer).

Please turn in your entries to "The Home Brew HQ" by Sunday January 13th, before closing. Late entries will be accepted at the Club meeting Tuesday January 15th. The 1st place winner of the competition will have the winning beer entered into the AHA Club-Only Competitions for free. AHA entry deadline is February 9, 2008. We will also feature the winner in the NTHBA Newsletter the next month
Techsan

Post by Techsan »

How many bottles do we need to enter for the club level competition? Im assuming that the AHA will require 3 bottles?

Just trying to set the good ones back.

JC
Mike Grover

Post by Mike Grover »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Techsan</i>
<br />How many bottles do we need to enter for the club level competition? Im assuming that the AHA will require 3 bottles?

JC
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

For our local club-only competition you only need to submit one bottle. If you win and enter the AHA competition, they require two.
Guerra

Post by Guerra »

JC,

Did you submit an entry for Jan COC?

I will be accepting Late Entries at the Brew Day. Entries need to be received before noon.

Orlando

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Techsan</i>
<br />How many bottles do we need to enter for the club level competition? Im assuming that the AHA will require 3 bottles?

JC
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Guerra

Post by Guerra »

The Jan/Feb Club-Only Competition ?Dark Lagers? is in the books. We had (6) total entries: (4) Cat. 4B. Munich Dunkels and (2) Cat. 4C. Schwarzbier (Black Beer). The results were as follows:

1st Place: Damon Lewis
2nd Place: Bill Lawerance
3rd Place: Leroy Gharis

Very special thanks to those who took the time to judge.

The next COC will be March/April Perfect Porter Challenge. While you are preparing your Porters for the Bluebonnet don?t forget to set aside a few bottles for the COC. The COC will be open to BJCP Category 12. Porter, subcategories: 12A. Brown Porter, 12B. Robust Porter and 12C. Baltic Porter. I will be calling for entries late February or early March, see the NTHBA Discussion Board for the exact dates.

Orlando
sirjohn

Post by sirjohn »

Congratulations to all [:)]

John