HOPS BOPS 2007

All archived info for past competitions and related posts.

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

mathboy

HOPS BOPS 2007

Post by mathboy »

OK, so I've gotten myself somewhat situated with a group here in Philly, and we're running a competition ourselves. Naturally, I volunteered to run the web site. You'll find that the registration page looks rather familiar to the Limbo Challenge page (hmmm....I wonder how that could be?), albeit with a few mods. What follows is a posting I put up on AHA Tech Talk. (The separate Best of Show for mead/perry/cider is a direct influence of my Bluebonnet experience.)

After a year hiatus, the Homebrewers of Philadelphia and Suburbs (HOPS) present the 23rd Best of Philly Homebrew Competition (BOPS). This is a BJCP sanctioned event open to all BJCP categories. It will feature a Best of Show for Categories 1-23 (beer) and a separate Best of Show for Categories 24-28 (mead/cider/perry).

Entries are now being accepted, with a Nov. 1st cutoff date. Judging will occur at Nodding Head Brewery and Restaurant in Center City, Philadelphia on Saturday, Nov. 10th. Entries can be dropped off at either Home Sweet Homebrew in Philadelphia or at the Montgomeryville Keystone Homebrew Supply (though I've heard that local clubs may be organizing separate drop-offs). Shipped entries are to be shipped to Home Sweet Homebrew only. Information can be found at

http://www.hopsclub.org

Online registration of entries is required by Nov. 1st at the above site.

Additionally, anyone wanting to judge or steward this event are encouraged to register online as well for this event.

Details and competition regulations can be found on the same website. All inquiries are to be directed to

[email protected]

See you and/or your beer there.
Bruce Fabijonas