Lunar Rendezbrew XIV

All archived info for past competitions and related posts.

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

sirjohn

Lunar Rendezbrew XIV

Post by sirjohn »

Lunar Rendezbrew XIV is an AHA and BJCP sanctioned competition. They will be using the BJCP categories for all beers, meads, and ciders. They also will have three additional categories for kit wines, fruit wines, and liqueurs. The cost is $7 per entry if you use the online entry or $8 if you use the paper form. Wine and liqueur entries are $7 and please use the paper entry form. First, second, and third place winners for each category will receive Lunar Rendezbrew medals. Best of Show winners will receive some very nice glassware.

Lunar Rendezbrew really is just a big party that everyone can enjoy. Bring the family for food, fun, and games. There will be plenty of home made root beer for the kids to enjoy. New this year will be a home made soda competition. Bring a big bottle of your homemade soda for all of the kids to try.

If you entered the LR Homebrew Competition, stick around for the Lunar Rendezbrew Awards Ceremony starting around 9:00 PM.

Time: Saturday, July 21, 2007 4:00 PM to 10:00 PM

5001 NASA Rd 1, Seabrook, TX
The community center at Clear Lake Park

Cost: $15 for adults and $8 for kids under 12.

All entry's must be received by June 30, 2007. We will have a packing party at the Homebrew HQ on Monday June 18th 2007 at 6pm until finished. The club will supply everything but you and your beer. We also need helpers to help pack and ship. Lets have a great NYHBA showing.

Mail all Entries to:
Defalco's
c/o Lunar Rendezbrew
8715 Stella Link
Houston, TX 77025

Hope to see you there,

John
Captain Kangabrew

Post by Captain Kangabrew »

I knew I had seen this on the forum. I'll definitely be there with my 4 or 5 entries.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by sirjohn</i>
All entry's must be received by June 30, 2007. <b>We will have a packing party at the Homebrew HQ on Monday June 18th 2007 at 6pm until finished.</b> The club will supply everything but you and your beer. We also need helpers to help pack and ship. Lets have a great NYHBA showing.

Hope to see you there,

John
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
sirjohn

Post by sirjohn »

Just a reminder that we will be getting together today at Homebrew HQ at 6pm for the Packing party. Hope to see at HQ...

John
sirjohn

Post by sirjohn »

We had a nice turn out tonight for the packing party. If you missed today we will be hold the shipping until tomorrow afternoon. If you wish to send your own please send to:

Mail Entries to:
Defalco's
c/o Lunar Rendezbrew
8715 Stella Link
Houston, TX 77025

See website for specifics on competition rules. http://www.mashtronauts.com/lr/index.html

Thanks for all who participated.

John
sirjohn

Post by sirjohn »

Lunar Rendezbrew has been added as a drop-off point for ACCF entries. Anyone going to the Rendezbrew can bring entries and Jeff Glovan will be there in person to pick them up.
sirjohn

Post by sirjohn »

Congratulations go out to Kyle Whitis and Tim Champagne who won in the Lunar Rendezbrew. Way to go!

<font color="blue"><b>Category 2 Pilsners</b></font id="blue">
<font color="red">2nd Place -02C- Kyle Whitis, Summer Lager</font id="red">

<font color="blue"><b>Category 11 English Brown Ales</b></font id="blue">
<font color="red">2nd Place -11B- Tim Champagne, Old White Marsh</font id="red">

Congratulations to all who entered. To see all the results please go here: http://www.mashtronauts.com/lrxiv.html
Mike Grover

Post by Mike Grover »

Kyle also snagged 1st place in light hybrids with his Rye Pale. Nice work!!!
Whitis02

Post by Whitis02 »

Has anyone gotten their scoresheets back yet? I wasn't at the 8/14 meeting, I was out of town.

I still can't believe I got 2 beers that placed, for my 1st competition I've ever entered.
Whitis02

Post by Whitis02 »

I spoke to soon, I just got my score sheets in the mail today. Sorry!
Mike Grover

Post by Mike Grover »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Whitis02</i>
<br />I still can't believe I got 2 beers that placed, for my 1st competition I've ever entered.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Congrat's, and keep up the good work! The club needs the points and there's nothing better than seeing folks who are new to competitions entering and winning.