Who's coming to brewday

Discussions about beer, life, that sort of thing

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

captbill

Who's coming to brewday

Post by captbill »

I am hosting the June brewday and want to get an idea of who will be coming.

Bill
mathboy

Post by mathboy »

Bill,

The brewday is the 24th, right? If so, I plan on being there, but I will show up later, say 1-2pm. I'll bring a keg from my February brew day. It's an Imperial IPA that is missing in malt.

Bruce
Mike Grover

Post by Mike Grover »

I'll be there. Probably brewing too.

Mike
Jimmy Orkin

Post by Jimmy Orkin »

I hope at attend this weekend's brew day. I also want to bring a couple of people that want to start brewing.

What is the address and start time? I looked at the website and could not find that information.

Jimmy
mathboy

Post by mathboy »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by jimmyorkin</i>
<br />What is the address and start time? I looked at the website and could not find that information.

Jimmy
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

It was posted in the newsletter. Look under "newsletters" on the main site and find the most recent one. I hesitate posted Bill's address online...you never know what kind of pervs are out there!

Bruce
Captain Kangabrew

Post by Captain Kangabrew »

I looked at the June newsletter and didn't see the address or the start time, just that it was at Bill's house. I'd like to come by, but I probably can't make it until after noon. Could someone either post the time and place, or e-mail it to me? Thanks!

[email protected]
mathboy

Post by mathboy »

OK..My bad for assuming that the info was in the newsletter.

Bill James
2801 Glen Forest Lane
Plano, TX 75023

(I got it from the June newletter of 2005.)

Starting time is traditionally 9am.

Bruce
captbill

Post by captbill »

It looks like I am going to be brewing an Oatmeal Stout. Bill Lawrence is going to be doing a coffee roaster demonstration, and I am going to use the coffee in the stout. Hopefully I will have my new fermentor and will be setting it up.

Lunch will be sandwiches. Too hot to cook, we except for beer.

Bring a swim suit and go swimming. Kids are welcome, they can go swimming.

Phone number is 214.755.4273

Bill
captbill

Post by captbill »

One more thing, We will be brewing in the backyard as most of you already know. There is a gate on the street side on the right side of the house. Enter through there. I have sort of an air lock arrangement on that side, so to prevent Sirius from running out, just as in outerspace, open only one gate at a time.
I am planning to put out a party mug in the front yard to show where my house is and where to enter.

Bill
forumAdmin

Post by forumAdmin »

Thanks to Bill for hosting a great brewday. From what I could tell, there were three people brewing. I showed up too late for the coffee roasting demo and Steve's class, but I hear they went well.

Since the brewday is now over, I am locking this topic.

Bruce