January Brewday

Discussions about beer, life, that sort of thing

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

BigWally

January Brewday

Post by BigWally »

Who's brewing and what are you brewing?

I'll be trying something different, a cream IPA. Like a regular IPA but with lactose sugar to boost the body and sweeten it up a bit.
Maybe the purpose of your life is to serve as a warning to others.
Texarado_Brewer

Re: January Brewday

Post by Texarado_Brewer »

I'm thinking about brewing a hefeweizen but I'm uncertain about how I can chill my wort.
BigWally

Post by BigWally »

Texarado_Brewer wrote:I'm thinking about brewing a hefeweizen but I'm uncertain about how I can chill my wort.
I use an immersion wort chiller. You can borrow mine.
Bill Lawrence

Post by Bill Lawrence »

Interesting. I am usually trying to dry out and thin hoppy beers however of course the lactose will work in the oposite direction. I will be interested to see how a so called "MilkPA" turns our.
Remember, brewers make wort, only yeast make beer
BigWally

Post by BigWally »

Bill Lawrence wrote:Interesting. I am usually trying to dry out and thin hoppy beers however of course the lactose will work in the oposite direction. I will be interested to see how a so called "MilkPA" turns our.
Me too :D We'll be doing a 10 gallon batch and in addition to the lactose, it will have 14 ounces of hops. 8 ounces going to dry hop.
Mike Grover

Post by Mike Grover »

Thanks to everyone who made it out for the January Brew Day! The weather was kind and we had a terrific turnout. Thanks to David Lee for putting on the hops presentation. Four batches of beer were brewed on-site: an imperial blonde, IPA, hefeweizen, and cream IPA. Hopefully we'll be sharing these at future club events.

Pros't!
Mike
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case...coincidence? I think not. - Steven Wright