C02 refill update on prices

Discussions about beer, life, that sort of thing

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

jfulton97

C02 refill update on prices

Post by jfulton97 »

I went to Koetter Fire this morning (located at 10351 Olympic Dr, Dallas, TX 75220, near NW Highway and Harry Hines).

Their prices have increased. They used to charge $13 to refill a 5lb CO2 tank. Now they have a $20 minimum charge for CO2 refills. Similarly, while a 10 pound tank is only $17, there is still a $20 minimum.

So if you are going to make the drive over, gather up several empty tanks to get several tanks refilled at once. If you spend more than $20, you get the normal pricing and its a pretty inexpensive place to get CO2.

FYI, if you haven't been there before, don't go in the front entrance on Olympic, just go around back (on sparkman), park on the street and walk in the loading area entrance and look for someone and tell them you need a CO2 refill. The CO2 refill station is right inside the door and they can get it done in 5 minutes (at least they have in the morning when I have gone by).

I know there are several places that do swaps, Parkett Market in Dallas is one.

Anyone have other suggestions for getting a straight refill without paying a $20 minimum charge?
Stormin Norman

Re: C02 refill update on prices

Post by Stormin Norman »

Just to add to your post.

I went to Garland welding supply (1960 Forest Lane, Garland) to get a tank filled and found that the tank was due for inspection so I spent way more than I was expecting. I found myself in the same situation a few months later when a buddy gave me an old tank he had. I decided to go to Home Depot on Bethany & 75 (Allen) this time and do the tank exchange thing. They didn't seem to care about the inspection, they just swapped it out for me no questions asked. I got to pick out what tank I wanted too, so I got the nicest looking one. I noticed a sign on the door at Spec's (Plano on 75 by Cosco)this weekend saying they also do exchanges now.

Home Depot exchange: 10lb=17.25, 20lb=24.00
Spec's exchange: 5lb=16.99, 10lb=19.99, 20lb=28.99
Garland welding refill or exchange: 5lb=15.70, 10lb=17.52, 20lb=20.46 (These prices have tax included) To get a tank re certified $22.20. They will fill your tank but they may not have time to do it while you wait. In most cases you will have to drop it off and come back. They don't have a minimum change. They also have a location in Rockwall.
- Chris Norman
- www.StorminNorman.me
Steve in TX

Re: C02 refill update on prices

Post by Steve in TX »

I exchange at specs on coit in plano (mr G's). call ahead as they are often out. Don't know if the central location will be the same.