Bluebonnet Brew-Off Updates

Questions and discussions about competitions

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

Mike Grover

Bluebonnet Brew-Off Updates

Post by Mike Grover »

The BBO committee has reported that more than half of the allotted number of entries have been filled. I suggest you get your entries registered in the next few days if you have not already done so. If you are unsure whether you'll be able to attend the event itself, you can go ahead and register and pay for your entries now and do the event registration later. The event will likely sell out too, but not as quickly as the entries will fill up. Let's keep the BBO trophy in North Texas for another year!

Mike
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case...coincidence? I think not. - Steven Wright
Mike Grover

Re: Bluebonnet Brew-Off Updates

Post by Mike Grover »

Update: Today (Saturday) is the last day to register entries for the BBO. Note: You don't have to turn in your entries at a drop off location (Homebrew HQ or Winemaker's Toy Store) until Thursday the 20th. Also you can register for the event and register the kegged beer you are bringing for the room crawl until just before the event. You just need to get the competition entries registered on the BBO website before midnight tonight.

Good luck and let's keep the trophy here in North Texas!
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case...coincidence? I think not. - Steven Wright
Mike Grover

Post by Mike Grover »

I bottled up all of my entries tonight...have you?

Thursday (tomorrow!) is the last drop off day for entries. If you are volunteering to help out at log in you can bring your entries with you. Remember to include:

- labels on each bottle
- entry form for each entry
- proof of payment (PayPal receipt)
- bill of lading

Pack them in an orderly manner, and if you have more than one box make that clear by marking the boxes '1 of 2' etc. Also mark which box the paperwork is in.

Good luck!
Jimmy Orkin

Post by Jimmy Orkin »

I bottled last night also. I bottled entries for the Bluebonnet, Celtic and NHC. I had a good experience bottling. I'll talk about in my newsletter article.
Jimmy Orkin
NTHBA Competitions Coordinator 2022
NTHBA Data Guy 2022
Mike Grover

Post by Mike Grover »

Bluebonnet Judging This Weekend (March 1st and 2nd)

Please come out and help judge the first round of the Bluebonnet Brew-Off this weekend if you can. Judging starts on both days at 9:00 and generally runs until late afternoon. If you are new to judging this is a good opportunity to pair up with an experienced judge and learn the ropes. If you can't stay for a full day, come out and judge a flight. A flight typically includes between 8 and 12 beers and takes about 2 hours to judge, give or take.

First round judging will be completed the following weekend, with second round judging following that.

NOTE: THE JUDGING LOCATION HAS CHANGED THIS YEAR:

1509 S Irving Heights Drive, Irving (in the vicinity of Loop 12 and Shady Grove)

For most of us this is a much shorter drive than the former location.

Pros't!
Hwheel72

Post by Hwheel72 »

I will be coming out to judge. First time for me to judge and I'm excited to learn more of this process. Thanks and see y'all there!
Mike Grover

Post by Mike Grover »

Thanks to all who came out and judged this weekend. Great turnout and I saw lots of North Texas Homebrewers both days. I'd say we did our part! First round judging was completed by mid afternoon Sunday.