January 25th Brew Day

Discussions about beer, life, that sort of thing

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

smittystx

January 25th Brew Day

Post by smittystx »

Greetings NTHBA members! If you are planning to attend the January 25th Brew Day, please reply below or email [email protected] if you have not already. Let me know how many and if you are planning on brewing. Looking to get a headcount ASAP. Details below from the newsletter.

The 2014 President’s Brew Day will be hosted by Mike Grover on January 25th from 9:00am – 4:00pm. His address is 1939 Castille Drive, Carrollton, TX. Let me know if you intend to brew. Food will be provided. We look forward to seeing you all there!

Cheers!
Smitty
Cheers!
Smitty
BigWally

Re: January 25th Brew Day

Post by BigWally »

I'll be there brewing a Baltic Porter.
Maybe the purpose of your life is to serve as a warning to others.
Bill Lawrence

Post by Bill Lawrence »

I'll try to swing by after riding Saturday morning. Also for Jimmy; bring a sample of your Export and I'll fill my growler up with some of mine so we can compare and contrast. :D
Remember, brewers make wort, only yeast make beer
BigWally

Post by BigWally »

Bill Lawrence wrote:I'll try to swing by after riding Saturday morning. Also for Jimmy; bring a sample of your Export and I'll fill my growler up with some of mine so we can compare and contrast. :D
Put on your regular pants before coming over please :shock:
Maybe the purpose of your life is to serve as a warning to others.
smittystx

Post by smittystx »

I second that!! :D
Cheers!
Smitty
captbill

Post by captbill »

Tim and I were going to brew, but that got changed. I will be dropping by and bringing a sample of IPA for Big Willy.
creepyjackalope

Post by creepyjackalope »

Aaaaah! Just saw this. I was planning on attending but didn't see this RSVP-type thread. I hope it's not too late to say anything. I have my very first brew ready for a brutal critique-ing. I'll bring some good beer too.
smittystx

Post by smittystx »

Come on out! Look forward to seeing you!
Cheers!
Smitty
creepyjackalope

Post by creepyjackalope »

I wanted to say thanks to Mike and everyone else for a great time yesterday. I appreciate the feedback I got on my first attempt. I think I have a better handle on a couple of things but I know that I have years worth of learning to do. I'm really excited to jump into all grain as soon as funds permit. Hopefully I'll have a mash tun put together in time for the next brew day. I can't imagine a better, more relaxed first time all grain brew than having lots of experienced brewers looking over my shoulder. :P
I work great under pressure. (or do I crack under pressure? I always forget.)
Bill Lawrence

Post by Bill Lawrence »

Well I made it over there pretty late and sadly all that IPA we made got scarfed down by somebody so I didn't get a taste. Did get to taste a couple of Jimmy's offerings; we will be going at it in at least a couple of categories this year. Hopefully I will hold my own this time but he makes some damn fine beer. I have quite a few entries this year but it is certainly really easy to get skunked entering this contest. :D
Remember, brewers make wort, only yeast make beer