question for Bill L.

This is a place where people can ask questions about brewing. Hopefully, someone who is more knowledgable about brewing will respond.

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

RobDrechsler

question for Bill L.

Post by RobDrechsler »

Bill at the last brew day you had your huge book out... I didn't get a chance to take a look.. care to share what you write up and track ?
Beer contains just a small amount of vitamins - that's why it's necessary to drink lot of it
Bill Lawrence

Re: question for Bill L.

Post by Bill Lawrence »

I just save the receipes and write down the tasting notes plus if the beers wins anything I'll usually write that down also (that way I won't go screwing around with something that works). So I have the grain bill, hops used (and bittering %) along time in the boil and yeast strain and original gravity. Also, if I do something different process wise I'll note that also (like decoctions for instance). Sometimes I'll also save the score sheets just to document for myself what others think of my efforts. I jump around so much making different stuff that I can't keep track of what worked and what left a bit to be desired. Being the creature of habit I always do everything the same way so my notes might be a bit cryptic for somebody who has not watched me do my thing. I think it is important to keep things consistent so that if you change a variable you will have at least some idea what you might end up getting. :D
Remember, brewers make wort, only yeast make beer