Big mouth Bubbler - New!

Discussions about beer, life, that sort of thing

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

Hwheel72

Big mouth Bubbler - New!

Post by Hwheel72 »

let's get some chatter on this. I mentioned it to Kelly at Homebrew HQ and he is going to see about how to get some in his shop.

What do you all think? 2 sizes 5 and 6.5 gallon! Looks to be a winner if you like glass.

http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/big- ... BLER_Slide

Cheers,
Doug
Jimmy Orkin

Re: Big mouth Bubbler - New!

Post by Jimmy Orkin »

I saw these. They look impressive. I cannot see how the lid fits or how to attach a blow-off hose.
Jimmy Orkin
NTHBA Competitions Coordinator 2022
NTHBA Data Guy 2022
RobDrechsler

Post by RobDrechsler »

I have one of these and have been very happy.. though not glass... that's 8 gals..

Beer contains just a small amount of vitamins - that's why it's necessary to drink lot of it
Bill Lawrence

Post by Bill Lawrence »

I'll tell you what; although I hope you haven't had issues, in my opinion that value on the bottom of the fermentor could cause some real problems. By it's very nature, that fitting affords bugs a place to hide which could lead to infected batches. Take it from someone who over the years has had that happen, it really pisses you off (as it turns out there is a fair amount of work involved making a batch of beer). I'm also not a real big fan of plastic because it's harder to clean and is somewhat oxigen permeable. On the other hand, glass can be a problem, especially if you happen to drop a carboy.....ouch.
Remember, brewers make wort, only yeast make beer
RobDrechsler

Post by RobDrechsler »

Bill the fermenter comes with a cap that replaces the valve, it gets a good soaking in sanitizer along with the gasket..

I haven't had a problem yet.. the bubbler is huge.. any fermenter you can get your arm into is a good one, I just use a sponge to clean it out..
Beer contains just a small amount of vitamins - that's why it's necessary to drink lot of it
BigWally

Post by BigWally »

They'd be handy for fruit and wood aged beers.
Maybe the purpose of your life is to serve as a warning to others.