Bluebonnet Brew Off

Questions and discussions about competitions

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

Eric Sellers

Bluebonnet Brew Off

Post by Eric Sellers »

Sorry for my ignorance, but I am having trouble understanding the schedule of events. If I want to go and try all of the brews that are on display I need to go Friday from 8 - 10:30 according to the DEBC website (http://www.deepellumbrewing.com/blog/), but the Bluebonnet Schedule of events says Friday from 8 - 10:30 is the "Tasting Glass Evaluation Clinic." So what the heck?:

"Friday, March 22, 2013
1:00 pm Registration Desk Opens
2:00 pm - 8:00 pm Bluebonnet Hospitality Suite open
1:30 pm - 5:30 pm Second Round Judging - 1st Session
6:30 pm - 8:00 pm Hors d'oeuvres and Keynote Speaker
8:00 pm - 10:30 Tasting Glass Evaluation Clinic
10:30 pm - 2:00am Room Crawl

Saturday, March 23, 2013
8:00 am Participant Registration and Judging Check-in
9:00 am - 11:00 am Technical Conference
11:00 am - 2:00 pm Second Round Judging - 2nd Session if needed
12:00 - 8:00 pm Bluebonnet Hospitality Suite open
11:59 pm - 5:30 pm PUB CRAWL!
6:00 pm - 12:00 am Awards Ceremony and Raffle
note: Scoresheets available immediately following ceremony"

Also, Do you know how many tickets will be sold at the door? Is there a chance of me driving all the way to Irving and being turned away? Any insight would be helpful; the Bluebonnet Brewoff Website has very little information on it. Thanks ahead of time.
-Eric
ejonsson

Re: Bluebonnet Brew Off

Post by ejonsson »

The "Tasting Glass Evaluation Clinic" is just another name for the commercial tasting. Beers from many breweries will be available to sample. Tickets will be available at the registration desk, but they are limited. Your best bet is to get there earlier, say 6:00-6:30.
Einar Jonsson
Juicer82

Post by Juicer82 »

I have a follow-up question: Would I be allowed to show up just for the awards ceremony Saturday evening?
Bill Lawrence

Post by Bill Lawrence »

I'll give you the Reader's Digest verision of the schedule; you show up and drink beer, essentially all weekend. Hell, one year one guy who will remain nameless showed up early with a keg and sat outside his hotel room imbibing before the scheduled events even started. Anyhow if you want to buy a ticket at the door I would get there very early because many have found out how cheap the tickets are relative the the quality and quantity of beer served so they will go quickly. Finally, you should be able to just show up for the awards if you opt to do that, my wife did that last year without a problem (and was bored out of her mind by the way).
Remember, brewers make wort, only yeast make beer