CO2 Regulator

This is a place where people can ask questions about brewing. Hopefully, someone who is more knowledgable about brewing will respond.

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

peccavi

CO2 Regulator

Post by peccavi »

I recently purchased a CO2 regulator as part of a kegerator kit and I cannot seem to get the regulator to work. I am completely new to kegging, it is my first attempt, and I was wondering if there is anyway or anywhere I can test the regulator to make sure it works and it is not user error.
billneumann

Re: CO2 Regulator

Post by billneumann »

The regulator is fairly straight forward. Does the CO2 bottle have gas in it? If it has gas in it, it should let gas flow thru. The regulator has an adjustment to control amount of pressure. If it has either the corny or sanke fitting it will not let gas go thru unless connected. with no lines connected to regulator it should let gas thru at the fitting coming out of the regulator.
peccavi

Post by peccavi »

It was the adjustment control. I hooked it all up without connecting the hoses and figured it out. It was too loose. Tightened it up and the air began to pass thru. So user error. Unsurprising. :)

Being new to kegging tho, I have a followup question, what keg pressure do you typically use?
RyanD

Post by RyanD »

peccavi wrote:It was the adjustment control. I hooked it all up without connecting the hoses and figured it out. It was too loose. Tightened it up and the air began to pass thru. So user error. Unsurprising. :)

Being new to kegging tho, I have a followup question, what keg pressure do you typically use?
I use 12 psi at around 40 degrees F. The chart below will tell you how to get the desired level you want.

http://blog.brewps.com/2012/04/homebrew ... nate-beer/
peccavi

Post by peccavi »

Thank you!