NTHBA brew day 9/15

Discussions about beer, life, that sort of thing

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

mattturpin

NTHBA brew day 9/15

Post by mattturpin »

Hello all,

I have never atttended a NTHBA meeting nor a brewday. I fianlayy am able to attend this months brewday on 9/15. Due to the timing, I will not be able to bring any brew nor will Ibe able to brew that day. Do you recommend that I attend a meeting first or the brewday? I have been brewing for about five years and would love to learn more as well as to meet and greet.

Thanks for your responses in advance.
BigWally

Re: NTHBA brew day 9/15

Post by BigWally »

Why not attend both? The meetings are primarily social with a bit of club business mixed in. The brew days are come and go, starting at 9:00 and usuaully ending around 3:00. Both are good opportunities to meet folks. There is no requirement to attend a meeting before attending a brewday.
Maybe the purpose of your life is to serve as a warning to others.
RobDrechsler

Post by RobDrechsler »

I'll be there and bringing a friend, we're going to do a dbl batch... hopefully the rain will hold off
Beer contains just a small amount of vitamins - that's why it's necessary to drink lot of it
Bill Lawrence

Post by Bill Lawrence »

Well, that was awsome. Great food, great beer, great band and great time. Thanks for hosting Chuck, that was epic. It's intereting, I used to know almost all the members back in the day but I must admit the club has grown and I bet I knew only 15% of the folks, a good thing for the club.
Remember, brewers make wort, only yeast make beer
RyanD

Post by RyanD »

I wanted to say thanks to Chuck and everyone who organized the brew day. Great beer, crazy good german food, and a great time. I had a really good time getting to know more members and that garage is just amazing, I know I'm jealous haha. Thanks!
RobDrechsler

Post by RobDrechsler »

the glass washer on the kegerator , epic..
Beer contains just a small amount of vitamins - that's why it's necessary to drink lot of it
TheMacheteMasher

9.15.2012 Brewday

Post by TheMacheteMasher »

Thank you Chuck for hosting such a wonderful party. I can say "I got the T-shirt" for this one. I really wanted to dance around German band! However I was distracted by rising temps and a yeast pitch. I am hoping this Barrel Project Brewday kindly makes up for my stinky project brewday last year. The party was great: food, service, tap list, and guest beers. I need to get my hands on another pint of barrel aged tropical stout. Spending the day brewing I saw many walk up in awe: Grab your cellphone, call your wife flat out astonishment!

Cheers! You've out done yourself

Slicing up the mash -since 2011