Club Meeting at DEBC

Discussions about beer, life, that sort of thing

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

RyanD

Club Meeting at DEBC

Post by RyanD »

I just recently joined, came out to the brewday a few weeks ago, and am wondering what happens at the club meetings? I see the June one is at DEBC and I really like those guys and their beer, so I was wondering what all will be going on. Do people bring their homebrews for others to try? I actually have my first attempt at creating my own clone recipe that is an attempt at the DEBC IPA that I kegged last night. I just was hoping for some more information.

Thanks,

Ryan
Bill Lawrence

Re: Club Meeting at DEBC

Post by Bill Lawrence »

Well let's see, mostly we sit around and drink beer. Once the official start of the meeting commences, Chuck and the other officers get up and speak generally about up coming activities. After that, we raffel, our favorite part besides the beer. After that we drink a bit more and socialize then go home. Unfortunately you generally can't bring homebrew to the meetings because the TABC does not allow it plus many of the places we go are in the business of selling beer so they don't appreciate us bringing our own. Really the brewdays and parties are the best times to taste a bunch of homebrew but the meetings are good because you generally drink commerical which gives us a benchmark for our own efforts. When going to a brewery, sometimes you end up getting a tour which is neat and at least when we go to Frankonia the beer is on the house which is really nice (but I'm not sure what the deal will be at Deep Ellum as this will be the first time going). :D
Remember, brewers make wort, only yeast make beer