Congratulations 2012 Bluebonnet Winners

Questions and discussions about competitions

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

Guerra

Congratulations 2012 Bluebonnet Winners

Post by Guerra »

Congratulations to the NTHBA Bluebonnet Winners. I wish I had the lists of all the NTHBA winners, so that I could congratulate each of you by name, but I am sure one will be posted soon.

Your strong representation of the NTHBA propelled our club ahead of the AZs to win the BBO 2012 Homebrew Club of the Year. My regret, is that I was unable to do my part, in support of the win. But this experience reminds me how competitive the BBO has become, and that "steins don't happen by accident", you must earn it.

Three things really stand out in my mind about the event.

First, watching Anthony Perea and Bill Lawrence win a steins, reminded me that it takes hard work to win a BBO stein. Those ceramic vessels are not given away, you must beat some of the best brewers around to win a stein. It takes hard work and determination, something I know Anthony and Bill have in excess..

Second, after the NTHBA's poor showing in the 2011 LSC events, I was very encouraged by the number of "new brewers" coming into there own and winning awards. I sincerely feel they will be the future of the club and w/o them, the NTHBA would not be the "BBO 2012 Homebrew Club of the Year". This award is due in a large part because of you.. Thank You...

Third, no matter what color, the BBO stein is a beautiful thing:
2012 BBO Stein.jpg
So while everyone's BBO experience is fresh, I hope you do some self reflection. I know I am. If you did not win an award, then let that be your motivation for next year. If you won award and are basking in the excitement, believe me when I say you'll want more of it, then let that be your motivation. What ever your motivation follow it, because only with hard work can you earn a BBO stein.

Orlando
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Guerra on Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Orlando Guerra
"You Can't Drink All Day If You Don't Start In The Morning"
Bill Lawrence

Re: Congratulations 2012 Bluebonnet Winners

Post by Bill Lawrence »

Well, I'll tell you what my most favorite moment was; it had to be watching Gretta go "all emotional" when her hubby (and fellow Ute) knocked down a stein. Anthony is certainly "king of the smoke", and Orlando is exactly correct, his hard work paid off in spades. In my case, well even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in a while. By the way boys, I think we got our asses kicked by a short blond girl, just saying. Also, thanks to all the guys/gals that did all the heavy lifting to make the event a success and thanks to Fred for keeping it moving last night, some of those award deals get pretty long.
Remember, brewers make wort, only yeast make beer
TheMacheteMasher

Post by TheMacheteMasher »

Congrats to all Stein and Medal winners it is great to be a part of a winning club.

I personally would like to see more of our winners at the club functions. Your presence would make a lasting impression for newbies and established brewers alike.

See your around the next brewday: Saturday April 7th at 9:00 AM in Allen, TX
http://nthba.org/content/club-calendar

Slicing up the mash -since 2011
Northernbrewer

Post by Northernbrewer »

For those of us who couldn't make the ceremony on Saturday night, does anyone have a list of who the NTHBA winners are?
snake10

Post by snake10 »

I had to work also. Congrats to the "smoke man" nano brew. Any idea where to find the results?
Snake10
BigWally

Post by BigWally »

The results will be posted on the Bluebonnet website. I just checked and they are not up yet.
Maybe the purpose of your life is to serve as a warning to others.
Bill Lawrence

Post by Bill Lawrence »

Apparently they posted the resutls sometime this morning as they are now out there on the website.
Remember, brewers make wort, only yeast make beer
ejonsson

Post by ejonsson »

I'm a little late posting on here, I'm still kind of in recovery mode from the weekend's festivities.

Congratulations to all of our club's winners, way to go! Thanks to all of you, the Bluebonnet Cup is back home in North Texas, where it belongs.

Most of our club's winners were in attendance, and have their steins and medals. For the few who couldn't make it to the awards, congrats to Randy Friese(2nd place, Brown & Baltic Porter), Lance Smith(2nd place, Spice/Herb/Vegetable), and Phillip Zayas(2nd and 3rd, Sweet/Oatmeal Stout). Phillip, Kelly Harris has your medals. Randy & Lance, I have yours. I would be happy to present them to you guys at the next meeting, at Franconia Brewery, if you can make it. If you can't make the meeting, or would like them sooner, let me know and we'll make other arrangements.
Einar Jonsson
ejonsson

Post by ejonsson »

Here is a lst of all of our club winners.

Don Vanslyke - 2nd - Pilsner

Bill Lawrence - 1st - Dark Lager

Don Vanslyke - 1st - Kolsch

Jenna Higgins - 1st - Extra Special/Strong Bitter

Doug Nett - 2nd - Strong Scotch Ale

Randy Friese - 2nd - Brown and Baltic Porter

Lee Pelfrey, David Ireland - 3rd - Brown and Baltic Porter

Phillip Zayas - 2nd and 3rd - Sweet/Oatmeal Stout

Andrew Speer - 3rd - Strong Stout

Aaron Wolin - 2nd - English IPA

Bill Lawrence - 3rd - Belgian Pale and Specialty Ales

Kent Mcbride, Ryan Saenz - 2nd - Belgian Strong Light Ale

Jenna Higgins - 1st - Spice/Herb/Vegetable Beer

Lance Smith - 2nd - Spice/Herb/Vegetable Beer

Anthony Perea - 1st - Smoke Flavored Beer

Don Vanslyke - 1st - New Entrant
Einar Jonsson
RobDrechsler

Post by RobDrechsler »

kickass...
Beer contains just a small amount of vitamins - that's why it's necessary to drink lot of it
BrotherhoodBrew

Post by BrotherhoodBrew »

If there was a like button I would smash it. Grats to everyone. Please don't undervalue your award if it wasn't a first. It is damn hard to place at all in the BB. Awesome work all and way to bring it home!
Damon Lewis
Cedar Creek Brewery
http://www.facebook.com/CedarCreekBrewery
mtodd

Post by mtodd »

Way to go again guys. Once again I am very proud to have been a member of such a fine club. One day if we ever make the move back to the DFW area I would be glad to call myself a member of the NTHBA. Does anyone know when scoresheets will be mailed out? I have seen a couple of folks over on the Northern Brewer forum asking about the status.
ejonsson

Post by ejonsson »

Score sheets will be mailed out very soon, if they haven't been already. You might see them some time next week.
Einar Jonsson