Anyone want to grab a beer?

A place to post info about local beer related events and to organize meet-ups for these events. IE - Addison Oktoberfest or a new beer bar.

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

mtodd

Anyone want to grab a beer?

Post by mtodd »

I will be making a quick trip to the DFW area on Friday the 17th to drop off entries from the CIA members for Bluebonnet. The plan is to leave work at noon, take the kid to the doctor at 1 and hit the road as soon as that is over with. Hopefully be on the road and making good time no later than 3:30 which puts me at the Flying Saucer in Addison by 8pm or so? I will be staying overnight at a friends place in Plano but wanted to try to find a few local beers if possible. Is there another place to hang out and try Deep Ellum or any of the other local guys? My options are open....I only mentioned the Saucer because I am more familiar with them.
mtodd

Re: Anyone want to grab a beer?

Post by mtodd »

Ok....so I should be to the Saucer in Addison at around 8pm tonight if anyone wants to come up and have a beer. For those of you who don't know me, I was a member of NTHBA several years ago before the wife and I moved to Houston. I will be sporting a blue 25th anniversary Bluebonnet Brew Off t-shirt.

Mark Todd
ejonsson

Post by ejonsson »

I can make it up there for a beer. Or two.
Einar Jonsson
mtodd

Post by mtodd »

Sorry if I missed any of you. I didnt actually get there until about 9:30 due to some unexpected delays and some rather extensive detours needed in order to avoid the construction at 635 and 35 that I didnt know about until I was stuck in the back up. I will see all of you in a few weeks for the Bluebonnet.