Academy fry cart?

Discussions about beer, life, that sort of thing

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

rack04

Re: Academy fry cart?

Post by rack04 »

I'm thinking about mounting it inside of toolbox. I've seen similar ones around the net and I like the idea of having it portable and having additional outlets on the box for other things.
rack04

Post by rack04 »

Has anyone mounted or seen a whole house cartridge filter of this stand? If so, I'd love some ideas. Thanks.
donniestyle

Post by donniestyle »

I've been using one since 2001. I ported the burners and they work even better. It works great.
Is your beer intimate, hand crafted, and artisanally made?
rack04

Post by rack04 »

donniestyle wrote:I've been using one since 2001. I ported the burners and they work even better. It works great.
Can you explain what you mean by ported?
donniestyle

Post by donniestyle »

The top part that sets inside has grooves all around to let the air/propane mixture flow and then it burns above it. I used an angle grinder to widen/smooth each groove. The burner heats up the water even faster now. Don't ask me to rate the BTU increase, as I don't know how. It will bring water to a boil faster than before. I also replaced the regulator with a 30 lb adjustable regulator at a much later time. It works even better with that. It ain't quiet, and it sure burns up some gas. Next I will connect 2 tanks simultaneously -- at a distance.
Is your beer intimate, hand crafted, and artisanally made?