North Texas Beer Festival May 14

A place to post info about local beer related events and to organize meet-ups for these events. IE - Addison Oktoberfest or a new beer bar.

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

Jimmy Orkin

Re: North Texas Beer Festival May 14

Post by Jimmy Orkin »

Saucer's glass next Wednesday is Abita Purple Haze. If this is it, this is what it looks like:
PH1.jpg
PH2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jimmy Orkin
NTHBA Competitions Coordinator 2022
NTHBA Data Guy 2022
RobDrechsler

Post by RobDrechsler »

Saucer is fine by me..
Beer contains just a small amount of vitamins - that's why it's necessary to drink lot of it
jlavin

Post by jlavin »

Do we need to call ahead for a table or do we want to try and find one when everybody shows up. I plan on eating where ever we end up going so I'll be there at least 30 minutes early. I can try and get a table for say 8 people if you think that will be enough.
Jim Lavin
BigWally

Post by BigWally »

They won't reserve tables. So first one there needs to grab as big of a table as possible.
Jimmy Orkin

Post by Jimmy Orkin »

Discount for NTHBA.

If you buy your tickets online at http://northtexasbeerfestival.eventbrit ... ref=ecount you can get a discount.

Enter the code "NTHBA" without the quotes, you will get the General Admission tickets for $25, $5 off. If you buy group sales which is 10 or more tickets you get the tickets for $20, also $5 off.

Actually it is $5 off all the options.

Wayne negotiated this.

Enjoy.
Jimmy Orkin
NTHBA Competitions Coordinator 2022
NTHBA Data Guy 2022
jlavin

Post by jlavin »

Just wanted to get an update on how everybody was coming with the stuff for the Beer Festival. The plan is to be at the Convention Center no later than 11 AM to get setup and we'll man the booth until 10 PM at the latest, depending on how busy things are.

1. I need the Club Flyer Wednesday at the latest so I can get copies made. Depending on the price we'll probably go Black and White to save some money, unless anyone has a cheap source to get two-sided color copies made.

2. How are the entry forms for the drawing going? Do we have a box to put the entries in or do we need to make something really quick?

3. Walter are you still planning on bringing your All-Grain rig up to put on display? I found out that there is a loading dock where you can do your unloading and loading from. How many people do you need to help with the unloading and loading?

4. I'll bring a couple hundred dollars in change in case we sell any shirts or people sign up with cash. Does anyone have a cash box we can use on Saturday otherwise I'll bring a zippered bag to store the cash in.

5. I've put together a list of of some sample ingredients we can put on display, I have a bunch of plastic bowls I'll bring to put the ingredients in so people can easily check them out and smell them.

6. Does anybody have any pens left over from the judging events they could bring on Tuesday night to the meeting so we have plenty for the event.

7. I'll touch base with Brian and get with him about picking up the basic brewing kit that we'll have on display.

8. I will have a sign up sheet at the meeting on Tuesday for people who want to volunteer to man the booth during the day. I figured that we could have two people man the booth for two hour intervals meaning we need at least 10 volunteers for the day. If you will not be at the meeting, please email [email protected] that you want to volunteer and I'll let you know what time slots we have available.

Have I missed anything? If so, leave a reply below:

Thanks!
Jim Lavin
BrotherhoodBrew

Post by BrotherhoodBrew »

jlavin wrote: 1. I need the Club Flyer Wednesday at the latest so I can get copies made. Depending on the price we'll probably go Black and White to save some money, unless anyone has a cheap source to get two-sided color copies made.

Thanks!
Megan is working on this but unless color is some insanely high price I wouldn't know why we would do black and white. It doesn't sounds too professional in my mind.
Damon Lewis
Cedar Creek Brewery
http://www.facebook.com/CedarCreekBrewery
BigWally

Post by BigWally »

I have 150 registration slips for the drawing. They request; Name, Email and Phone.

As for the brew system. I guess I was not expecting the event to run until 10. I was hoping to not have to make two trips over to Plano. We can discuss it tonight.
Maybe the purpose of your life is to serve as a warning to others.
jlavin

Post by jlavin »

Well faced with $1.25 per sheet for double sided color copies, I decided to print out the flyers on my color laser printer at home. I will have to say we now have 150 double sided full color flyers that look absolutely fabulous!

Thanks for the hard work Megan!
Jim Lavin
BigWally

Post by BigWally »

We had a ton of people come by the booth Saturday, showing lots of interest in joining the club. We directed them to sign-up at either one of the HB shops. Wish we would have had registration forms at the booth...maybe next year. It also might be good to sell some of our glassware the next time we do something like this. Good job organizing this Jim.
Maybe the purpose of your life is to serve as a warning to others.
RobDrechsler

Post by RobDrechsler »

had fun, will have to do it again... I came back at 9pm and the place was a ghost town. I got one beer and listened to Jim Shuler to close to an empty house
Beer contains just a small amount of vitamins - that's why it's necessary to drink lot of it
jlavin

Post by jlavin »

I want to thank everybody that pitched in to make the booth such a success! I think we showed everyone the enthusiasm and passion the club has around brewing and I hope we see some new faces because of it.

Thanks for all the hard work!
Jim Lavin