Another successful Bluebonnet complete!

Discussions about beer, life, that sort of thing

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

mtodd

Another successful Bluebonnet complete!

Post by mtodd »

What a great time this weekend! It was good to hang out with my old NTHBA buddies again. I really miss you guys and gals and I hope that some of you can make it down for the Dixie Cup in October. We have a spare bedroom and a couple of comfy couches if you decide to come and want to save the hotel costs. I hope to get a few batches done soon and get my brewing legs back under me. I hope that by the time the Bluebonnet rolls around next year I will have something that I can enter. I really need to get me one of those steins. :D
Mike Grover

Re: Another successful Bluebonnet complete!

Post by Mike Grover »

Mark -

It was good to see you, and thanks for helping us out!

Mike
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case...coincidence? I think not. - Steven Wright
kingsbrew

Post by kingsbrew »

Mark,
It was great to meet you. I hope you enjoy the club shirt. It's good to have brewing buddies in other cities.
Leroy
kingsbrew

Post by kingsbrew »

BTW, Congratulations to all of the NTHBA award winners, especially the Stein winners Richard Harris, Orlando Guerra, Walter Hodges,Kent McBride, Charlie Gottenkieny and Scott Townson. Also to Grant Austin for his Strong Scotch Ale in First Time entrants. Grant is Lawrence Drinkard the name of your entry or a co-brewer?

Also, congrats to Walter getting 2nd in Best of Show with his "Stoopid Flanders".
Leroy
Lov4OutDors

Post by Lov4OutDors »

Lawrence Drinkard is a good buddy of mine who lives in San Marcos. He was in town for Xmas when we decided to get together for a brew day. This was my 14th batch and only his 3rd or 4th batch.

I'm still blown away that my beer won.
Thank You
Grant -
EvilFrog

Post by EvilFrog »

This was my first stein (first medal period). Still pumped about it. I was happy to share the win with such a fine club and good group of people.

Things have been crazy for me and every time I try to make plans to come out to a club event and get to know you guys better, something came up. We are expecting the birth of our second child next month so after the dust settles on that adventure, I plan to get more involved in the club.

My brother is also a member (inactive like me). Gonna try to get him out too. Hope to see you guys soon!

Congrats on another great Bluebonnnet.

Kent
sirjohn

Post by sirjohn »

Congratulations to all the NTHBA winners...
John
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Lao-tzu, The Way of Lao-tzu
Chinese philosopher (604 BC - 531 BC)