Bluebonnet Needs

Questions and discussions about competitions

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

Brewboy

Bluebonnet Needs

Post by Brewboy »

As most of you know our club is responsible for running the Bluebonnet this year. We have some needs to make this run as smoothly as it should.

I'm in charge of the Hospitality Suite this year. Here's a list of what we need to for it to run.

4 CO2 tanks (with CO2 please)

1 CO2 Regulator.

2 Co2 Manifolds.

I still need volunteers to work the taps on Saturday afternoon before the Awards cermony. If you are not going on one of the pub crawls Saturday afternoon, please let me know and I'll sign you up to a good time job drawing beer for good beer loving folks in the hospitality suite.

If you can help us fulfill an of these needs, please let me know. We'll make sure that your equipment is marked well. You will get it back no worse for ware. I'm looking forward to the great time we're all going to have!
Scott Townson
May judges be smitten with our brews and long for our nectars throughout eternity!!
Brian B

Re: Bluebonnet Needs

Post by Brian B »

Scott,

I can provide a CO2 tank and regulator.

Brian Beyer
Brewboy

Post by Brewboy »

Thanks Brian, Einar is loaning one too. I still need at least 1 more please. I'm bringing mine too.
Scott Townson
May judges be smitten with our brews and long for our nectars throughout eternity!!
JamesD

Post by JamesD »

Why do you need this on top of the CO2 tanks, manifolds, and regulators that the Bluebonnet bought for the Big Thirsty setup last year and should be in the storage unit? Unless someone has taken them, you shouldn't need much of anything for setup of either the bar or the jockey boxes. I would get with Matt Wilson just to make sure we know everything is there.

James D.
Brewboy

Post by Brewboy »

This is what Matt told me I needed:
Bluebonnet Hospitality Suite set-up.

I believe the following items will still have to be rounded up to make sure the hospitality room and jockey boxes will be ready to go:

•3 – 4 CO2 tanks from local club members, as I don’t think the Bluebonnet has any of its own. Only two are needed to make the bars run, but I suggest 3 or 4 in case we develop a leak and go through CO2 more quickly than anticipated.

•Empty corny keg and BLC for cleaning out beer lines in the bars and jockey boxes on Sunday morning after the event.

•A couple of gray and black plastic corny keg quick-disconnect fittings for the above-mentioned BLC keg.

•Couple of buckets to drain melted ice from the ice chests that hold the cold plates in the bars.

•Couple of CO2 regulators (??). We may have these in the storage unit – I’ll have to check.

•Couple of CO2 manifolds (??). We may have these in the storage unit – I’ll have to check.

As for moving the bars, it would be best to have 3 or even 4 people total. They are really heavy. Scott, what kind of truck do you have? Is the bed in your truck at least 6-1/2 feet long? That’s what is required for moving one bar. I also have a pickup truck that will hold one bar. With two 6-1/2 foot bed pickup trucks, we would be able to move the bars and everything else that is needed for the hospitality room and jockey boxes, as well as other items needed for the weekend.

We would need to move the bars Friday morning, as we will not have access to the hospitality room at the hotel until noon on Friday or slightly earlier. Hopefully it won’t be raining. If so, we’ll need to purchase tarps to cover the bars. It’s not been a problem so far, knock on wood.
So I'll take this opportunity to ask for help on Firday morning March the 25th too. If any of you can help us move the bars, please let me know.
Scott Townson
Bill Lawrence

Post by Bill Lawrence »

Well it seems there is some confusion about what's needed but I should be able to help you out. We can talk about it at the club meeting or judging this weekend or next, assuming of course you trust me around a bunch of free beer.
Remember, brewers make wort, only yeast make beer
mtodd

Post by mtodd »

Scott....I will be in town starting Thursday afternoon sometime but will probably be tied up that evening meeting old friends, etc but I will be available to help out with pretty much anything on Friday morning. I have a truck also so if you need help hauling stuff around and what not I can assist with that too. I do not believe that my truck bed is 6.5 feet long but I can bring rope and some cardboard in order to tie down the load safely without damaging anything.

You can text me or call me at 281-785-3010.
Brewboy

Post by Brewboy »

I'll be glad to have the help and yes, another truck will be welcome. I'll text you additional info later closer to the 25th.

Thanks for stepping up.

I inventoried the BBB storeage facility this weekend and found that we do already have 2 regulators, 2 20 lb bottles and several manifolds. We should be in good shape. Those of you who offered up, while it doesn't apperar that we will need your stuff, if you wanted to cary it in your vehicle for emergency situations, that would be great. I hopefully won't have to call on you but the unforseen often happens.
Scott Townson
Brewboy

Post by Brewboy »

Friday 13:30 to 18:00 hrs
13:15 to 16:00 hrs Me, Orlando Guerra and Jim Lavin

15:45 to 18:00 hrs Me, Justin Triesch and Larry Papkin

Saturday 13:30 to 18:30 hrs
13:15 to 15:15 hrs – Me, Orlando Guerra, and ???

15:00 to 17:00 hrs – Me, Steve Chisholm, and Jim Lavin

17:00 to 18:00 hrs – Me, Anthony and Greta Perea

I still need to fill one slot at 13:15 to 15:15 on Saturday (see in red)

Also, Myself, Matt Wilson, M Todd, Orlando Guerra, and Don Trotter will all be trying to move the "Big Thirsty" bars from the storeage location in Keller to the Bluebonnet on Friday Morning. We've got a couple several trucks there to load up but we still need at least one more to help us lift these heavy bars up into the vehicles. Can anyone else help us? We're meeting at the Storeage facility at 8:30 AM on Friday. Those of you traveling from the Plano area can coordinate a car pool to make the travel easier. We need the help please.
Scott Townson
mtodd

Post by mtodd »

Scott....put me down for that 13:15 to 15:15 slot on Saturday. Not planning on doing the pub crawl so I may as well serve some beer while I am hanging out. Do you need to be TABC certified for this? Which brings up another subject.....I am getting certified next weekend so I can help serve beer at No Label Brewery in Katy for their tasting days. I am trying to talk them into sending some beer with me for the commercial tasting on Friday night. We will see how that goes.....
ejonsson

Post by ejonsson »

I'm available to help move the "Big Thirsty". I'm also available that Thursday, if help is needed for anything.
Einar Jonsson
Brewboy

Post by Brewboy »

Awesome guys, Thanks a bunch! Looks like we're covered now! I'll shoot you all a map to the storeage facility next week.

Also, MTodd, no need for any certs, just a willingness to serve.
Scott Townson
Brewboy

Post by Brewboy »

Guys, I forgot to ask if anyone can help us return the Big Thirsty Bars back to storeage on Sunday after the Bluebonnet? Can you guys help return as well as help us move and set-up?

The storeage facility is here:

Smithfield Storage
4270 Keller Hicks Road
Keller, TX 76244 US

Map can be found here: http://smithfieldstorage.net/Locations.html

We're going to be loading at 8:30 AM so rise and shine we reall do need your help to lift these monsters on Friday morning and return them on Sunday post event.
Scott Townson
mtodd

Post by mtodd »

I should be able to help haul them back on Sunday before I head back to Houston as long as its not too late. I plan on hitting the road by about 11 or so on Sunday.