Top 15 Places to Get a Beer in Dallas, TX

Discussions about beer, life, that sort of thing

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

SirRon

Re: Top 15 Places to Get a Beer in Dallas, TX

Post by SirRon »

mtodd wrote:Oh definitely the parking problems there are nothing like at downtown locations or places where you have to factor in $10 to park your car while you go in for a few pints. I only assumed in your post where you said parking problems count against a place that must have meant Petrol was number one before you factored in the parking. :)

We usually hit the place at least once a week after work. Let me know what night you might be there and I will buy you a pint.
Quite frankly, Petrol was a different place ~2-3 years ago, back when most of the "research" for that list was done (I published it over a year ago). It was great, but it has really become the best place in the city for beer IMO. Ginger Man, on the other hand, had started its decline back when I published the list. Given the craft beer explosion in Houston, I'm surprised that Ginger Man hasn't stepped up. They are really being left in the dust. Maybe they only aspire to be a place where old Rice alumni hang out.

I've thought about revisiting the list now that several taphouses and gastropub-like places have opened in Houston, but I've really been contemplating doing something much more interesting. But then I drink a few beers, watch TV, and put it off until the next day :)

Keep in touch. My email is sirron at theferm dot org. You can also catch me on twitter @sirrong or myself and the originator of this thread @theferm
Juice10

Re: Top 15 Places to Get a Beer in Dallas, TX

Post by Juice10 »

How has no one mentioned the Meddlesome Moth? It quite possibly deserves the number one spot on any revised list. If you haven't been yet, GO. It has such a spectacular beer list and rarites from around the globe. Ken Grossman(Sierra Nevada's owner) is actually hosting a beer dnner next month there.Be prepared for a bit of a wait on fri-sat and most weeknights around happy hour time.