Brew Day this Saturday

Discussions about beer, life, that sort of thing

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

Mike Grover

Brew Day this Saturday

Post by Mike Grover »

I am all set for the Saturday brew day. This will be my 5th consecutive January brew day, but my first at my current residence. Looks like it will be quite cold in the morning (mid 20s) but warming up to mid 50s by the afternoon. For those bringing in brew gear, there is an alley on the east side of my house that is accessed from Peters Colony 1/2 block east of the intersection with Castille. I am the fourth house up. If parking on Castille gets crowded you can also park on Peters Colony along the lakeshore.

I will have my stuff set up and will be burning propane by 09:00. I am brewing an all-grain American amber ale, hopefully similar to Cinder Cone. I have a water filter and food-grade water hose, so no need to bring those.

Pros't!
Mike
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case...coincidence? I think not. - Steven Wright
BigWally

Re: Brew Day this Saturday

Post by BigWally »

I'll be brewing too, and since my grain mill is also my storage for brewing tools, I'll be bringing my mill if anyone wants to grind grain on site.
Maybe the purpose of your life is to serve as a warning to others.
JaySchafer

Post by JaySchafer »

Would someone please remind me again what the education topic is going to be? I know it sounded like a good one.

I'm going to be there, but may have to leave a bit after lunch. I'll probably also be trying to give away a fair bit of homebrew if I can get myself organized, as I need to clear things out for moving.
JamesD

Post by JamesD »

Mike,

You used to be able to predict the coldest day of the year and have a brewday on that day. While it might be cold in the morning, mid 50's is really pushing it for a Mike Grover sponsored brewday. I think more research needs to be done to determine what day you host a brewday. :P

James D.
chomola

Post by chomola »

The education topic is supposed to be on building your own stir plate - Jim offered to put this together (literally) for us. Thanks Jim!
Mike Grover

Post by Mike Grover »

We had a great turnout for the brewday yesterday. Thanks to everyone who showed up. Big thanks to Kim for taking care of all the food and to Jim for putting on the stir plate demo. The Cinder Clone is craking away and already has more than an inch of krausen.
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case...coincidence? I think not. - Steven Wright