2010 BJCP Study Group

A place to post and BJCP Class Related information or questions

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

James

Re: 2010 BJCP Study Group

Post by James »

I missed the 11th meeting, but would like to be a part of the study group if it takes place. Thanks.
James Creech
donniestyle

Post by donniestyle »

James, I sent you a PM. We will meet Sunday April 18 at 3:00. See my PM.
Is your beer intimate, hand crafted, and artisanally made?
BeerKD

Post by BeerKD »

Is it too late to sign up for this? My husband and I just joined the NTHBA a week ago and would like to participate in this class if possible.
donniestyle

Post by donniestyle »

It's not too late. We had 1 class so far, and there are 10 more planned. We may squeeze in one somewhere along the way. The $100 fee is to cover all the commercial beer we will buy for tasting. Anything left over will be either returned or used to benefit all class members. We discussed an option last night for $10 fees for single classes. We ask that we are notified in advance, in this case, because we have to buy enough commercial example beer to go around.

EDIT: We are purchasing only enough beer for the class. It will usually be 2 beers per subcategory, each of which will be 1 big bottle (16.9 oz or larger) or 2 small bottles (12 oz). We are currently 7 class members, with 2 others not yet attending. Further interest could increase the purchase quantity.
chomola

Post by chomola »

I am attaching a copy of the course outline for anyone that would like to see what we are covering and when. I will be moving the "doctoring" class to as early in the schedule as we can based on when the doctoring kit arrives. If anyone wants to be added to the class email list - just let me know. Chuck
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
donniestyle

Post by donniestyle »

Okay everyone, I think t is best if we all understand the material before the class. Please read the Style guidelines and the portion of the study guide in advance. You might sample some of the sub-styles before the class while you are reading them. This can help you a lot. See you Sunday. Cheers.