Limbo Challenge 2010 Discussion

Questions and discussions about competitions

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

donniestyle

Limbo Challenge 2010 Discussion

Post by donniestyle »

EDITED! See bolded entries.
jimmyorkin wrote:5. Bottle top category labels
I believe there are a lot left from last year, and there are packages of blank ones that can be printed.
jimmyorkin wrote:6. Boxes
I've got 47 boxes right now. Don't have enough dividers, but sure we will gather enough by then. If everyone on the committee starts saving their 6-pack holders we should have enough.
jimmyorkin wrote:7. Trucking beer to Fred's.
I plan to truck the entries again this year. We may need another hauler. I don't think we'll be able to login at HHQ. There is limited space and getting more limited every week. We probably need to more the login to Fred's.
jimmyorkin wrote:11. Need lawn mower blade.
Have we asked Rich Harris if he will make the award?
jimmyorkin wrote:We discussed having posters to take to Homebrew shops to promote Limbo and to give to BOS, BOS2 and BOS3 winners.
Great idea.
Last edited by donniestyle on Thu May 06, 2010 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Is your beer intimate, hand crafted, and artisanally made?
Jimmy Orkin

Re: Limbo Challenge 2010 Information Topic

Post by Jimmy Orkin »

Here is the current rule on number of entries:
Entries are restricted to one per sub-category, with a maximum of three per overall category.
Since we added sub-categories there are now some categories that have 5 sub-categories. I don't see why we have a limit at the category level. If someone enters all the sub-categories in Light Lager or German Wheat and Rye, Belgian and French and Sour Ale, it is only five entries.

I don't see a reason to limit at the category level. Why make the prolific brewer entering the Limbo have to decide which sub-categories to enter if they have more than three candidates for a category.
Jimmy Orkin
NTHBA Competitions Coordinator 2022
NTHBA Data Guy 2022