ACCF Results Posted

Questions and discussions about competitions

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

gray_59

ACCF Results Posted

Post by gray_59 »

http://www.bexarbrewers.org/accfindex.html

I can't seem to brew an award winning beer, but I did manage to get 2nd with a Common Cider.

Damn Scott! You're a force this year.

Congrats to all the winners.
Cody Gray
Brewboy

Re: ACCF Results Posted

Post by Brewboy »

ACCF 2010 Results

4. DARK LAGER
1. Leroy Gharis (NTHBA)- Schwarzbier

10. AMERICAN ALE
3. Scott Townson (NTHBA)- American Amber Ale

11. ENGLISH BROWN ALE
2. Scott Townson (NTHBA)- Northern English Brown Ale

14. INDIA PALE ALE (IPA)
1. Scott Townson (NTHBA)- Imperial IPA

15. GERMAN WHEAT AND RYE BEER
3. Scott Townson (NTHBA)- Weizen/Weissbier

16. BELGIAN AND FRENCH ALE
2. Scott Townson (NTHBA)- Saison

17. SOUR ALE
1. Melinda Beyer (NTHBA)- Straight (Unblended) Lambic

19. STRONG ALE
3. Scott Townson (Foam Rangers)- English Barleywine

20. FRUIT BEER
1. Scott Townson (NTHBA)

22. SMOKE-FLAVORED & WOOD-AGED BEER
2. Scott Townson (NTHBA)- Wood-aged Beer

27. and 28. STANDARD CIDER AND PERRY
3. Cody Gray (NTHBA)- Common Cider

Well done Leroy, Melinda and Cody. Thanks for suporting the club. I find it amaizing how different judges perceive differently. Different beers comming out on top then in the Bluebonnet still I'm happy with the results.

Brew Strong folks, the Celtic is just around the corner with a deadline of May 15.

PS Fred, it looks like someone else besides me understands the Fruit Beer guidelines. LMAO!
Last edited by Brewboy on Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scott Townson
May judges be smitten with our brews and long for our nectars throughout eternity!!
kingsbrew

Post by kingsbrew »

Woohoo! First award for me in over a year. Oh, and it was an extract. Way to go Scott and Melinda. Cody, cider points are just as good as beer points. Keep on trying. It'll happen.

Edited to add:
Did anyone notice John Jurgensen entered as Bexar Brewers?
Leroy
BrotherhoodBrew

Post by BrotherhoodBrew »

Yeah john jurgenson moved to there so he told me last year was his year as a BAM member. Dang Scott don't ever work yourself :)
Damon Lewis
Cedar Creek Brewery
http://www.facebook.com/CedarCreekBrewery
Bill Lawrence

Post by Bill Lawrence »

I notice that under 19. Strong Ale, Scott is listed as having won third with an English Barlywine and is representing the Foam Rangers. Surely this is an error, he clearly has gone to the "dark side" however even I don't think he has enlisted with the "forces of evil". Actually though, if this is how our buddies down in San Antionio have him listed, he might wish to correct that misunderstanding so that the correct club gets credit for his excesses. On the other hand, if he is actually "playing for the other team", we might want to discuss various forms of corporal punishment to let him know just what we think of acts of treason such as this.

Just a question though Scott, what the hell do you do with all that beer? Hell, even you can't put away that much.
Remember, brewers make wort, only yeast make beer
Brewboy

Post by Brewboy »

Now Bill I thought you knew me better than that. Of course I'm capable of putting away hundreds of gallons of beer away in the course of a year. Still though I show some restraint. Big beers are quietly ageing away just getting better daily. Quaffing beers are shared at brewdays, log-in's, with co-workers and at BYOB meeting locations and such. They don't last long when they're good!

I already contacted the Bexar Brewers about the barleywine win. They assured that the logged data was correct but the website was wrong. (he was tired when he updated the site)
Scott Townson
May judges be smitten with our brews and long for our nectars throughout eternity!!