Bluebonnet Judging - HELP NEEDED!

Discussions about beer, life, that sort of thing

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

kingsbrew

Bluebonnet Judging - HELP NEEDED!

Post by kingsbrew »

Edited to add:
On Mar. 6th and 7th we judged 105 of 165 flights. If we have as many people this Saturday we can finish on Saturday. Thanks to everyone that showed up. Let's make one big push this weekend again.

Ok, guys. At the login Saturday we checked in about 1,600 entries. We heard the final count is 1,603. We will need all available help on the judging days to get this done. Judging is Sat/Sun Mar. 6th/7th and 13th/14th at Coors Distributing in Ft. Worth. The address is 2550 McMillian Parkway, Ft. Worth, TX 76137-5001.

We need all judges and those who have any interest in learning to judge come help. Judging starts at 9am. Come stay as long as you can. Lunch is provided. You can expect to judge about 3 flights if you spend the day. Inexperienced judges will be paired with experienced judges. Post on the forum if you want to carpool. I'll start a topic on Carpools in the Competitions forum where people can get organized. Or, you can start a carpool topic for your area if you are going and want to meet up with riders.
Last edited by kingsbrew on Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leroy
donniestyle

Re: Bluebonnet Judging - HELP NEEDED!

Post by donniestyle »

I was thinking how good it would be if we all didn't have to drive. That's a 100 mile round trip, but that's not the bad part. With the amount of beer we need to judge, it might take 4 flights per serious judge per day. That might mean not being able to hit the road for a few hours afterward.
Is your beer intimate, hand crafted, and artisanally made?
MixnMatchBrew

Post by MixnMatchBrew »

I'll go. I don't think I want to do 4 flights in one day. 3 flights is pushing it for me.

So we getting DD and cargo van to haul us all? :)
Bargainfittings.com

Past President, NTHBA (2011)
[email protected]
donniestyle

Post by donniestyle »

That's a good idea. If we don't DD we'll probably need to go to a nearby restaurant for a couple hours. There are a few pretty close. We should definitely car pool.
Brewboy

Post by Brewboy »

So what will you pick for your first flight? Since I'm just an apprentice at the moment, I'm looking for a BJCP numbered judge to hook-up with.

So Who's game? Will you choose Imperial Stout or Light American Lager for your first round?
Scott Townson
May judges be smitten with our brews and long for our nectars throughout eternity!!
donniestyle

Post by donniestyle »

Beam me up Scotty! I'm planning to judge whatever, however, my personal preference is to do those with more flavors later in the day. I'd say to all, please do at least one flight of SHV, Fruit, Smoke/Wood, or Specialty. Note there are two specialty styles One is Belgian Specialty and the other is Specialty. Then there is the other side -- Meads and Ciders. Pair up with some one who can do them and learn. Try to do at least one of these "less desirable" subcategories to learn. You'll be surprised how much you'll like them.
donniestyle

Post by donniestyle »

I'll do big beers. You want to pair up? Let's do one flight, then do a second before lunch. The second can be Barleywine, Imperial IPA, Imperial Stout, Scotch Ale, etc.

SPEED JUDGING! 2 hours per flight max.
kingsbrew

Post by kingsbrew »

A great turnout today from NTHBA. Thanks to all who showed up. Let's do another good showing on Sunday.
Leroy
ClayMahone

Post by ClayMahone »

i plan on being there this Saturday, the 13th. i live in Carrollton, near Frankford and Josey, any one want to carpool?
Clay Mahone
2010 NTHBA Minister of Education
chomola

Post by chomola »

I am definitely planning to judge on Saturday and would like to carpool - I am in Allen. Clay - let me know if you are interested. Don might be interested too if he is feeling better.
egens

Post by egens »

I'm in Allen too and would be interested in car pooling. Last year we met at the IKEA parking lot at about 8. That seemed to work pretty well.