March Meeting Club Competitions Address

Questions and discussions about competitions

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

Brewboy

March Meeting Club Competitions Address

Post by Brewboy »

If you mised last nights meeting, this is what I presented for competitions. Also, if you missed, you missed out. The Fullers London Pride on tap was spectacular! It reminded me of my younger days!
March Club Meeting Address

Bluebonnet judging is underway and we’ve already knocked out over 100 flights this weekend past. Those of you who’ve already supported the Bluebonnet with your stewarding and judging skills, Thank you for your support!

With over 1600 entries into this year’s bluebonnet, we’ve still got another full weekend of judging to get through. Without the judging, the Bluebonnet doesn’t happen so please come on out this coming Saturday and Sunday to help us finish this grand task.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There is a packing party for the Alamo City Cerveza Fest scheduled for next Tuesday the 16th of March from 6:00 to 9:00 PM at Kim Rhea’s house. Thank you, Kim for stepping up. There’s a map and details on the Competitions Forum.

I do hope you’re entering this event and if not, then why not? I’d love to hear your feeble excuses so please come share them with me later. We’ll provide the packing materials, but you will need to pack your own. If you can’t make the packing party, please have your fully registered, paid and packaged entries at Homebrew Headquarters or the Wine Makers Toy Store no Later than close of Business on Wednesday the 17th of March. That’s next Wednesday folks.

Ben Bunker with the Bexar Brewers will be attending the Bluebonnet and has offered to haul our entries back to San Antonio for the ACCF log-in. If you by chance meet him at the Bluebonnet, be sure and thank him for stepping up.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you’re planning to enter the AHA national homebrew competition, registration is open now. You need to get your entries registered and paid for before they reach 750 entries. So do it now!

To take advantage of the free shipping for this event, please have your fully registered, paid for, and packed for shipping entries to either the Wine Makers Toy Store or Homebrew Headquarters no later than the 24th of March.

Also on the 24th of March, we’ve got the COC deadline. Please have your American Ales to Homebrew headquarters NLT the close of business on Wednesday, two weeks from tomorrow. We’ll be judging this COC on the following Friday. We’ll need at least 4 judges to step up and help us with this event. If you can judge, please let me know and be at HBHQ at 6:00 PM on the 26th.

As you can see, it’s a really busy time in the Competition arena. I’m really excited about this years events and I hope you are too.

There’s a traditional proverb that states: “Competition is the whetstone of talent.” I’ll translate that to “Competition sharpens your skills” So, I’ve got to ask….do you want to brew better beer?.......... Well do you?....... Then Compete!

Folks it’s time to get a grip, gird our loins, stiffen those upper lips and dig for victory.

For we are the Clergy of Zymurgy, the Priests of Yeasts, and the Joyful Congregation of Fermentation.

Every entry will be a powerful wallop for the spirit of the club…….

Raise your glass and Toast with me!

May the judges be smitten with our brews and long for our nectars throughout all eternity
!!
Scott Townson
May judges be smitten with our brews and long for our nectars throughout eternity!!
Bill Lawrence

Re: March Meeting Club Competitions Address

Post by Bill Lawrence »

God Scott, where do you come up with that stuff? I think maybe you missed your calling, you could have been one of those tent revival preachers. Anyhow, I am sorry I missed the meeting especially since they had London Pride on tap, one of my favorites. Everyone should try to at least help knock off a couple of flights this weekend. There should be a plethera of Meads, Ciders and Fruit & Vegetable beers that need your attention. Once the judging gets taken care of, we can all wait in breathless anticipation for the celebration of excess which is the Bluebonnet. I sort of look at it like a spring pagen festival, minus the sacraficial virgins which are of course in short supply.
Remember, brewers make wort, only yeast make beer
kingsbrew

Re: March Meeting Club Competitions Address

Post by kingsbrew »

Yeah, Bill, you missed it. He was really working them. If it had gone much more we would have been dancing in the aisle. Hallelujah!
Leroy