Bluebonnet Log-in

Questions and discussions about competitions

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

Brewboy

Bluebonnet Log-in

Post by Brewboy »

The Bluebonnet Log-in take place on Feb. 27th begingin at 9:00 am at Richard Dobson's place "Hog Heaven"

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Gaine ... de=ADDRESS

Leave this weekend open there's lots of work to do. Plan for it.
Scott Townson
May judges be smitten with our brews and long for our nectars throughout eternity!!
Brewboy

Re: Bluebonnet Log-in

Post by Brewboy »

Just a reminder that this coming Saturday is the Bluebonnet Log-in at Richard Dobson's place.

We've been asked to bring a side dish and beer so if you want to eat and drink, come prepared. It's a fair drive up there and we will be organizing car pools to transport everyone that wants to go. If you are going and have room in your vehicle please post up here so that we can organize the transportation.
Scott Townson
May judges be smitten with our brews and long for our nectars throughout eternity!!
Brewboy

Post by Brewboy »

Great! More food for me! It looks like no one else is going.

I'll be shuttling dropped off entries so I'll be in my truck. I have room for 2 in the back seat. If you'd like to go, don't mind being there start to finish and don't want to drive, let me know before Saturday morning at 7:00 am.

I'll be traveling up 121 from Hurst then 35 north. I can pick you up anywhere along that route.
Scott Townson
Pappy

Post by Pappy »

I would like to go but would prefer to carpool if possible. Scott, if you still have room, I'll take one of the spots in your truck. I don't know the area at all since I'm pretty new around here, so if you have a place you want me to meet you that would be great. I live in Plano, so anywhere along the 121 or 35 will probably work for me. Let me know when and where.

BTW, will we be working inside a refrigerated warehouse or somewhere cold? Should I bring a heavy jacket? Anything else special I should bring for this function (besides food and beer)?

Larry Papkin
[email protected]
319-432-1489
kingsbrew

Post by kingsbrew »

Larry, it will not be in a cooler. Although, it might be a little cool outside nearly to Oklahoma and that is not an exageration.

For those of you who are concerned I believe that all beer is finally scheduled for pick up at the designated drop off sites for transportation to Hog Heaven.

See you guys there. Bring some beer and/or a side dish.
Leroy
Brewboy

Post by Brewboy »

I'll be picking Larry up and stil have room for 1 more if you need a ride.
Scott Townson
Guerra

Post by Guerra »

Larry,

The log in takes place at “Hog Heaven”, which is Richard Dobson’s ranch. When you take the turn-off 35, you will leave civilization and take a dirt road deep into the woods…

Richard is a wonderful host. This will be my forth year attending. I have a great experience every time I go.

We will set up in his “shop”. He has a lot of floor space with separate shop, bar and brew areas. I would describe it as a “super-man cave”. The last time I was out there, I think I counted (6) chest freezers and a walk-in refrigerator. One day I hope to have as many beer related toys (and medals) as he does.

We set up an assembly line to process the entries: at one station folks will unpack the boxes, at another folks will put the bottles and entry forms together, the next someone logs them into the data base, at the next station the bottles are given a unique entry number/label, and finally the entries are quality checked.

The work is very laid back, if you get tired at one station you grab a beer and take a break. If you get bored at one station, you jump to another.

In the bar area he has a kegarator (2-Taps I believe). He will be continusly changing the beers he has on tap. So you will have an opportunity to taste a lot of great homebrews. For those bringing beer, you should only have to bring the keg, no additional gear required. He has plenty of room to keep a keg cold and we should be serving through the kegarator .

At lunch time we should have BBQ and pot-luck.

I would recommend that you bring a box cutter or a knife and a pair of gloves, in case you get assigned to the unpacking boxes. I may also bring a chair.

Looking forward to meeting you.
Orlando Guerra
"You Can't Drink All Day If You Don't Start In The Morning"