February Club Meeting Competition Address

Questions and discussions about competitions

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

Brewboy

February Club Meeting Competition Address

Post by Brewboy »

Here's what was presented last night at the club meeting. If you missed it, shame on you. It was an exceptional club meeting. I had a great time with awsome friends.
February Club Meeting Address

The Bluebonnet is upon us! Registration is open until the 25th of this month so please get registered before then. Also, when you register if you intend to go on one of the pub crawls, pre-register for that too and you’ll save yourself $5.00.

On the 20th at Fred David’s House between 10 and Noon during the brewday, There will be some judges on had to evaluate any brew you’d like to have insight into before you register them for the Bluebonnet, please bring samples for them to evaluate and they will guide you to the best sub-category for your entry.

Log-in for the Bluebonnet is on Saturday the 27th up in Gainesville at Richard Dobson’s place. I’ve got a map posted on the Forum as well as on the club online calendar.

Please be aware that our friends at Bexar brewers have changed the date of the Alamo City Cerveza Fest from August to April. The deadline for entries is the 21st of March. I’ll schedule a packing party during the 2nd week of March to ensure we can get the entries delivered on time. Please keep an eye on the Club’s Competitions Forum for Details.

January’s COC was English Brown Ales: We had 9 entries that were judged by club volunteers. Thank you Don, Kelly, Richard and Chris for your support.

1st Randy Friese with his "Mild Nigel" - 11A Mild Ale

2nd Orlando Guerra with "Pope's SEB" - 11B Southern English Brown

3rd Dave Warner with his "Mild" - 11A Mild Ale

Thanks to all who entered. I have your score sheets available tonight if you’ll come see me. Next round is scheduled for March and it’s American Ales. So get your American Pale Ales, your American Amber Ales, and your American brown ales ready and enter.

In closing, I’d like to present you with a quote from the great Winston Churchill:
“Make sure that the beer - four pints a week - goes to the troops under fire before any of the parties in the rear get a drop.”
In like vein, I submit that those of you who enter competition and submit your brews to the fire of the judges be blessed with beer to hand before any of you who choose to remain in the rear.

Finally, I just want to say again that the North Texas Homebrews Brewers Association brews the best damn beer in Texas, …………………Let’s prove it this year!
Scott Townson
May judges be smitten with our brews and long for our nectars throughout eternity!!