Competition Club Presentation for January

Questions and discussions about competitions

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

Brewboy

Competition Club Presentation for January

Post by Brewboy »

As promised, I will post all communication here as well as in public announcement. This is what I Presented at the January club meeting last night.
First let me say that it’s an honor to be selected as the Competitions Coordinator for the club this year. Thanks for entrusting me and please continue with your support.

The first COC of the year is just a few weeks away. Your English Brown Ales are due at Homebrew Headquarters NLT the 22nd of this month. Hopefully you’ve got some going that’ll be ready by then.

Kelly has graciously offered to let us judge the entries at his store after hours. Thank You Kelly! I still need the club’s help to judge this month’s entries during the last week of January. Please mark your calendars….January the 29th 18:00 HRS - Homebrew Headquarters. Come on down and let’s pick the best of the club to send on to the National Level.

The Bluebonnet is just around the corner. The deadline for entries is the 25th of February. Please get your entries done and registered by then. The website is posted on the club’s message board. I encourage you to peek into the boards between meetings to keep appraised of what’s going on. I’ll post up to date info there to keep informed of the latest.

Just one more thing, there’s been some discussion on the boards recently concerning rules for competitions. Let me just say that these rules exist not only to restrict but to enable as well. I encourage you to use the rules to your advantage. If you’ve got a really good brew, try to get it in front of as many judges as possible. I don’t care if your motivation is to grab the most glory or if it’s to boost the clubs standing in the Lone Star Circuit or if you just have a beer so good you’re just daring someone to say something negative about it. Get it entered and get it judged.

Guys, I love competition because it drives me to do better. I hope that you’ll find your motivation to enter.

Not only is brewing fun but the North Texas Homebrew’s Association brews the best damn beer in Texas

………..And this year………….

I want to prove it to the rest of Texas.
Scott Townson
May judges be smitten with our brews and long for our nectars throughout eternity!!