Pro-Mash Question

This is a place where people can ask questions about brewing. Hopefully, someone who is more knowledgable about brewing will respond.

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

chris mewhinney

Pro-Mash Question

Post by chris mewhinney »

Quick question for those of you who use Pro-Mash. I've found (long ago...just not becoming interested enough to do something about it) what I think is a bug in my copy/version of this otherwise really good program. When building a water profile in the Brewing Session module, it does not adjust pH down (from RO pH of 7) when either gypsum or calcium chloride are added. Does anyone else also have this issue with Pro-Mash? Am I possibly missing a setting of some sort?

Appreciate any help.
Chris Mewhinney
There's a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".
Jimmy Orkin

Re: Pro-Mash Question

Post by Jimmy Orkin »

I've noticed that the Promash Ph calculation in the water profile does not seem to work intuitively. I don't worry about Ph anymore since the problem I had with defective test strips. I might play with it in the future if I get a good Ph meter.
Jimmy Orkin
NTHBA Competitions Coordinator 2022
NTHBA Data Guy 2022
chris mewhinney

Re: Pro-Mash Question

Post by chris mewhinney »

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the pH calculations are not working properly, if at all. At least not my copy...

I just got a pH meter...opens a whole new area of study (and stuff to worry about).
Chris Mewhinney
There's a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".