Addison Saucer knurd appreciation Sun Dec 20

A place to post info about local beer related events and to organize meet-ups for these events. IE - Addison Oktoberfest or a new beer bar.

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

tgmcgrath

Addison Saucer knurd appreciation Sun Dec 20

Post by tgmcgrath »

I just phoned them… their plan is to tap the St Arnold's Divine Reserve at 2pm.
chris mewhinney

Re: Addison Saucer knurd appreciation Sun Dec 20

Post by chris mewhinney »

Seriously!? Which one? Tell me it's the strong scotch ale!
Chris Mewhinney
There's a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".
kingsbrew

Post by kingsbrew »

I think it is #9 which is Imperial Pumpkin Stout. OG=1.101 ABV-11%

let this beer warm to at least 50° before enjoying. This beer is black with some ruby highlights. The nose is full of pumpkin pie spices and some alcohol. There are notes of nutmeg, caraway and vanilla. The taste starts with chocolate malt with a hint of spice and rolls into a warm spicy alcohol taste which has the effect of creating the balance that usually comes from the hop bitter. There is some hop bitter on the finish, but not much. Overall, this beer finishes relatively dry for such a big beer. As it warms, the spices move forward in the taste and the chocolate moves to the finish. The pumpkin provides a pleasant undertone and a nice mouthfeel. The spices will probably fade some over time; they mellowed considerably while still in the fermenter.
Leroy
chris mewhinney

Post by chris mewhinney »

So how was the Divine, Leroy? I know their Strong Scotch is one of the finest beers I've ever tasted, so I'll bet the Imperial Stout's pretty good, too.
Chris Mewhinney
There's a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".