January meeting place poll

Discussions about beer, life, that sort of thing

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

Where would you prefer to meet in January?

Poll ended at Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:20 am

BJ's - Addison
31%
Londoner - Addison
13%
Irish Rover - Frisco
25%
Gordon Biersch - Dallas(new)
6%
Gordon Biersch - Plano
13%
Humperdinks - Dallas NW Hwy
6%
Other - specify
6%

Total votes: 16

kingsbrew

January meeting place poll

Post by kingsbrew »

Give me some input on where you would prefer to have the January meeting. I have some suggestions. I will leave the poll open until Dec. 16th. I won't guarantee we'll meet at the winner but it will definitely influence my decision. It depends upon availability. It will help me set the first three meeting places of the year.
Leroy
chris mewhinney

Re: January meeting place poll

Post by chris mewhinney »

For purely selfish reasons, I'd sure like you to hold a meeting in the Lewisville area...maybe BJ's. I'd like to attend the meetings but it's just too much driving for me (on top of 1.5 hours going to and from work...).

You guys put on a good party last night. Enjoyed it.

Chris
Chris Mewhinney
There's a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".
kingsbrew

Post by kingsbrew »

Chris, I would be open to that but it is my understanding the BJ's in Lewisville does not have the size of extra room like the one in Addison. It is best if we can have an area that is somewhat separated from the main area that will hold about 40 people.
Leroy
chris mewhinney

I think you're right...would anyone be interested in trying Big Buck's Brewery in Grapevine? It's an enourmous building, so they may have space. I've not tried their beers in a long time, but they used to have some reasonably good ones. If there IS any interest, I'd be glad to contact them regarding a meeting space, if you'd like. Just another thought...

Chris
Chris Mewhinney
donniestyle

Post by donniestyle »

It's been years since I've been to BJs in Lewisville. We used to have Bluebonnnet meetings there when it first opened. It did have a sizable room, not as big as the one in Addison, but larger than the Humperdinks on 35/Loop 12. They could have changed that since I've been there.
Is your beer intimate, hand crafted, and artisanally made?
chris mewhinney

No, BJ's has no meeting room, unless it's really well hidden. Big Buck's (or whatever it's called now...) is just a couple miles up 121 from BJ's!

Chris
Chris Mewhinney
gray_59

Post by gray_59 »

The BJs in Lewisville does have a small glassed in area off to the left after you walk in that could work, but I don't know that it could be closed off. I put Lewisville in the hat as well, seeing as how I live there. I rarely go to meetings because they are always seem to be in or around Plano. Now I know a lot of members, including some in this "administration," live in or around Plano, but that's a long drive.
Cody Gray
donniestyle

Post by donniestyle »

If I remember, the glassed in area was left when you walk in. It was a patio that could be opened up to the outside when the weather permits. Am I remembering correctly? It wasn't real big, but it might support a meeting. We got stuffed into smaller areas before - most recently at Lochranns.
chris mewhinney

Yes, the BJ's in Lewisville does have an enclosed patio area to the left as you walk in. They use it for restaraunt seating, so I don't know if they'd be willing to dedicate it to us, but it's worth asking, if anyone other than me and Cody want a Lewisville meeting, that is. If not, we'll just have our own little NTHBA sub-chapter meeting!

Chris
Chris Mewhinney
RobDrechsler

Post by RobDrechsler »

Seems the last 4 meetings have been up north.. how about slinging one down this way
Beer contains just a small amount of vitamins - that's why it's necessary to drink lot of it
kingsbrew

Post by kingsbrew »

Where is this way? Give some suggestions of places nearby? They need to be able to accomodate about 40 people, give or take.
Leroy
RobDrechsler

Post by RobDrechsler »

this way is south of plano.. actually I'm in dallas.. :D
Beer contains just a small amount of vitamins - that's why it's necessary to drink lot of it
kingsbrew

Post by kingsbrew »

I am trying to find locations a little further south. There is the new GB at Park and Central on the southeast corner. Are there other suggestions? It needs to be able to accomodate about 40 people comfortably and let us have our business meeting with the speaker. The last time we were at GB in Plano they would not let us use the speaker. I can talk really loud (ask my daughters) so it is not a big problem for me but....
Leroy
donniestyle

Post by donniestyle »

Just got an email from BJs. They claim to have 20 new beers on tap.
truckpoetry

Post by truckpoetry »

chris mewhinney wrote:Yes, the BJ's in Lewisville does have an enclosed patio area to the left as you walk in. They use it for restaraunt seating, so I don't know if they'd be willing to dedicate it to us, but it's worth asking, if anyone other than me and Cody want a Lewisville meeting, that is. If not, we'll just have our own little NTHBA sub-chapter meeting!

Chris
I live in Lewisville, too - so a meeting in this direction is good :) But I don't mind addison or shops at legacy because those are "kind of" on my way home from Plano on the East to West travel.
Cameron Mathews