2009 Alamo City Cerveza Fest Deadline Extended

All archived info for past competitions and related posts.

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

Guerra

2009 Alamo City Cerveza Fest Deadline Extended

Post by Guerra »

From ACCF
We've seen a lot of your entries come in and we can't wait to start tasting them!

If you haven't sent yours in, there is still time to register. We had to push back our flight organization night a couple of days so we are also extending the deadline to receive entries to close of business on Tuesday the 11th. If you haven't sent in your entries you have a couple extra days to get those shipped or bring them by the drop off points. Double check, but when I looked on the FedEx website it showed ground shipments from either the Houston, Austin or Dallas areas as arriving to San Antonio in 1 business day.

Don't forget that John Palmer of "How to Brew" fame will be giving a speech during our Saturday main event. Mr. Palmer will be giving some tips and tricks about water chemistry. Since water is the largest ingredient in beer, this will be a great way to expand your knowledge of how to make award winning beer. Best of all, this is a free event, so don't miss it!

There are still a few spots for the Pub Crawl so sign up before it gets full because you won't want to miss it.

If you haven't seen the T-Shirt design, check it out on the shopping page at http://www.bexarbrewers.org

I hope you have all been doing your stretches, because the Brewer's Olympics at Freetail Brewing Co. on Friday the 28th is shaping up to be some fierce competition featuring such grueling events as:
Malt Sack Race, Bottle Filling/ Capping, 50 m keg dash, Corona Mill Grain Crush, Name that Hop and more.

Remember, teams of two with great prizes to be won. If you are a loner, we'll try to pair you up. Starts at 8:00 pm

And again, if you can help out with Judging, Stewarding or anything else, email me and let me know. Judging is the 15th, 22nd and 29th at Blue Star Brewing Company.

Thanks

Orlando
Orlando Guerra
"You Can't Drink All Day If You Don't Start In The Morning"