Packing Party

Discussions about beer, life, that sort of thing

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

chris mewhinney

Packing Party

Post by chris mewhinney »

Can someone explain what the purpose of the Lunar Rendevous packing party is? If we're entering some beers, do we just bring them to this party in a box and someone will drive them to Houston? Or will they/we simply be making one mass shipment with UPS ("Ure Packages Smashed")?

Also, what time?

Thanks.

Chris
Chris Mewhinney
There's a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".
Guerra

Re: Packing Party

Post by Guerra »

Chris,

The purpose of the party is frankly an excuse for us to get together and socialize while we pack our entries for the upcomming competition and drink some homebrew. The club will provide packing material for those attending and pay for shipping the entries to the competition. If you can't make the party, the club will still ship your entries, however they are due at HBHQ before noon Tuesday July 7th. We will be making one mass shipment with UPS Tuesday afternoon.

For more details see the Competitions discussion board: http://www.nthba.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=427 and http://www.nthba.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=244

We are starting around 6pm. People usually come and go, some will pack thier entries at the party, other will come with boxes already packed and just drop them off and socialize. The really cool people bring homebrew.

Don't forget to bring all of your competition paper work (i.e. entry form, copy of receipt or payment, bottle labels).

Orlando
Orlando Guerra
"You Can't Drink All Day If You Don't Start In The Morning"
chris mewhinney

Re: Packing Party

Post by chris mewhinney »

Thanks Orlando. I may just drop mine off at HBHQ this weekend. The traffic over to your side of town at that time of the evening is brutal. I should consider moving...

Chris
Chris Mewhinney
There's a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".