Bluebonnet judging March 7/8 and 14/15 - IMPORTANT!!!

All archived info for past competitions and related posts.

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

Mike Grover

Re: Bluebonnet judging March 7/8 and 14/15 - IMPORTANT!!!

Post by Mike Grover »

That's great! They probably won't need to judge next Sunday if we can get a really good showing on Saturday.
donniestyle

Post by donniestyle »

You are correct sir. I think we still need to drum for support. If we cannot finish on Saturday, then it will run into Sunday. Last year we had only a few judges show up on the second Sunday, and ended up with 2 flights that did not get judged. Some lucky judges had homework. It would be great if we could knock it out Saturday, and everyone gets Sunday off.
Is your beer intimate, hand crafted, and artisanally made?
Jimmy Orkin

Post by Jimmy Orkin »

I counted 51 envelopes Sunday at the end of the day. 51 flights is still a massive task. We are going to have problems with judges that cannot judge because they entered certain categories. We still need a large group of judges on Saturday and possibly Sunday to get finished.

Please come out and judge this weekend. You do not need to have judged before. We will pair you up with an experienced judge and teach you the ropes.
Jimmy Orkin
NTHBA Competitions Coordinator 2022
NTHBA Data Guy 2022
Mike Grover

Post by Mike Grover »

Be sure to put your mead/cider/specialty/first-time-entrant judging caps on!
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case...coincidence? I think not. - Steven Wright
danwbrews

Post by danwbrews »

I'll help judge Saturday. Is there anyone with extra an extra seat for the ride over? I can meet you anywhere. I live off Northwest highway east of White Rock lake.
Dan
donniestyle

Post by donniestyle »

So far I have responses from Kelly Harris and Bill Nelson & son. That would already be 4. On the 7th, we met in the IKEA parking lot (north side) at State Highway 121 & North Dallas Parkway, at 8:00 AM. If you are interested in meeting up, we could start a convoy. We could change the meeting place, depending on everyone's location. You can respond to this topic, or to my email directly at [email protected]. When you respond, please give me your cell number and location. My location is SH-121 & Custer. I'll give everyone a email or phone call Friday evening to confirm.
donniestyle

Post by donniestyle »

Last post. You might still be able to pool with us. We have 2 vehicles leaving from IKEA at 121/tollway at 8:00 AM. We are 6 now. Hope to see you there.
danwbrews

Post by danwbrews »

Somethings come up and I can't attend. Thanks for the offer.
Jimmy Orkin

Post by Jimmy Orkin »

All the first round judging is complete!

Second round judging occurs at the Westin hotel. The second round judging will start this Friday at 1:30 and goes until 5:00. The second session starts at 10:30 and finishes at 2:00 on Saturday.

Thanks to everyone that helped judge or steward or filed judged sheets or did anything that enabled us to judge 1300 beers in three days!

Brew Strong!
Jimmy Orkin
NTHBA Competitions Coordinator 2022
NTHBA Data Guy 2022