COC Nov/Dec '08, Celebration of the Hop

All archived info for past competitions and related posts.

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

Guerra

COC Nov/Dec '08, Celebration of the Hop

Post by Guerra »

The final Club-Only competition for the 2008 year is the November/December 2008 ?Celebration of the Hop? (IPA). This competition covers BJCP Category 14, India Pale Ale (14A. English IPA, 14B. American IPA and 14C. Imperial IPA).

Entries may be dropped off at Homebrew Headquarters between Monday November 10th and Friday the 14th by 1pm. Entries will also be accepted at the club meeting Tuesday November 11th.

Judging is scheduled for the weekend of November 15th. <u><b>If you can assist with judging please contact me.</b></u>

Only one (1) 10-14 oz. green or brown bottles are required for each entry. If you are the winner (2-3) additional bottles will be required for the AHA Club-Only Competition. No swing tops allowed. Printed crown caps must be blacked-out with a permanent marker and all labels removed to assure anonymity of all entries. Each entry should use a AHA/BJCP Bottle ID form: http://www.bjcp.org/BJCP_BottleID.pdf

Orlando
donniestyle

Post by donniestyle »

It was said that entrants were only allowed one entry per subcategory. Is this a new rule? I thought it was just a maximum of 3 per category?
Guerra

Re:

Post by Guerra »

donniestyle wrote:It was said that entrants were only allowed one entry per subcategory. Is this a new rule? I thought it was just a maximum of 3 per category?

Don,

As we discussed at the Oct. club meeting, we will be using the one entry per subcategory rule.

We have not used a max of 3/category rule, while I have been Comp Cord.

The one entry per subcategory rule, was a rule we adopted earlier this year.

How did you intend to enter (3) entries into this competition?

Orlando
Orlando Guerra
"You Can't Drink All Day If You Don't Start In The Morning"
Guerra

Re: COC Nov/Dec '08, Celebration of the Hop

Post by Guerra »

Please turn your entries in on time. I called Kelly and he has received only one entry so far. Please turn your entries into HBHQ by 1pm on Friday. If you need to, you can make special arrangements with me to drop off your entry at my home Sat. (but I may or may not be home, and you may have to leave your entry on the front porch).

I will not accept any late entries on Sunday. It is tuff to make to keep the anonymity of a entry, if you show up Sunday, with everyone watching you, and your entry is in a green bottle.

Orlando
972-839-8675
Orlando Guerra
"You Can't Drink All Day If You Don't Start In The Morning"
FriarJ

Post by FriarJ »

Do we have results on this competition yet?
Friar Jeff
"Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean that someone isn't following me"
Guerra

Post by Guerra »

The winners of the Nov/Dec '08, Celebration of the Hop are as follows:

1st Place: Orlando Guerra, 14B American IPA, Kitchen Sink IPA
2nd Place: Damon Lewis, 14B American IPA, IPA
3rd Place: Tim Champange, 14B American IPA, Veg Head

Orlando