Guilty Plea in BJCP Fraud Case

Discussions about beer, life, that sort of thing

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

sirjohn

Guilty Plea in BJCP Fraud Case

Post by sirjohn »

I don't know if anyone has been following this but thought I'd post it here for all to read...
Former BJCP President and Treasurer William R. Slack entered into a Plea Agreement which was accepted by the U.S. District Court for the District of New Hampshire on September 2, 2008, one day before his scheduled trial. In the plea agreement, Mr. Slack agrees to plead guilty to one count of mail fraud for his role in a scheme to defraud the BJCP of between $30,000 and $70,000. The Court has scheduled a sentencing hearing on December 16, 2008 at 10:30am at the Federal Courthouse in Concord, NH.

Although the wheels of justice have turned slowly, they do continue to turn. This process will not be complete until the sentencing hearing is concluded. We will withhold further comment on this matter until all the legal proceedings are finished. Then we will make a final report to our membership, as well as thank those whose diligent effort over many years led us to this day.
If you want to know more you can read it directly from the BJCP site http://www.bjcp.org/index.php#slack

I hate when this kind of stuff happens.
John
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Lao-tzu, The Way of Lao-tzu
Chinese philosopher (604 BC - 531 BC)