Alamo City Cerveza Fest (ACCF)

All archived info for past competitions and related posts.

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

Mike Grover

Alamo City Cerveza Fest (ACCF)

Post by Mike Grover »

Dear BJCP Judges,

The Alamo City Cerveza Fest in San Antonio is looking for interested judges to volenteer for our home brew competition. The ACCF is in its 3rd year and a proud member of the Lone Star Circuit. Our competition continues to grow and so does our need for judges. We will be holding judging sessions on Aug 2nd, 9th and the main session on Aug 16th. http://www.sabeergroup.org/schedule.html

If you have never visited San Antonio, I invite you to come and check it out, make a weekend of it. The competition will take place at the Blue Star Brewery in downtown San Antonio on Aug. 15th and 16th.

For those that considering coming to town to judge and would like to stay downtown in San Antonio. We have a block of rooms reserved at the La Quinta hotel listed on our webpage. They will be released on July 15th, currently it is at reduced rate. Book yours now if you plan on attending and get this reduced rate.

Check out the website www.sabeergroup.org for event, hotel and how to volenteer for judging.

Thanks for your time, I hope to see some of you at our competition.

Cheers,

Mike Molloy
ACCF Coordinator
210-867-9088
[email protected]
kingsbrew

Post by kingsbrew »

I understand they are going to pickup our entries at Homebrew Headquarters. Does anyone know when they are going to pick up? The website says to have entries at the store by COB on Saturday.

Also, since they are picking up what is the recommended packing of entries? Should we still put them in some bubble wrap or is putting them in six pack carriers sufficient?

Leroy
Guerra

Post by Guerra »

Leroy,

I agree with you, the ACCF web site says that the entries need to be dropped off at HBHQ before COB (6pm) Saturday July 26, 2008. I do not know when a ACCF rep will actually pick-up our entries

I would not suggest dropping off your entries in loose 6-pack carriers. Your entries still need to make it down to San Antonio. They should be packed well enough to make the trip. They should be in good-hands, but would not take the chance.

I plan to pack my entries in a sealed box with each bottle bubble wrap or wrapped in paper, just enough to provide a little protection. I do not plan to go overboard.

Don?t forget to include in the box, your entry fee or receipt, and your entry form. Make sure to keep copies of receipts, entry form and a list of your entry numbers for your records

Orlando
kingsbrew

Post by kingsbrew »

Edited to say:
Results are on the website.

http://www.sabeergroup.org/results.htm